Predict next generation console names.

Xbox 3
Xbox Envy
Xbox EVO
...and of course: Xbox Prestige.

Now Prestige sounds like a great name for the next Xbox. I don't know.. has a nice 'tune' to it ;). The design looks pretty cool. One question though... Where's the disc tray?

EDIT: Nvm, I didn't see the link. "100% Digital". Ah, makes sense. :rolleyes:

Xbox Loop powered by Xbox Live Revolve.

I can see the Peter Moore style speech going like this.....

"Xbox Live Revolve revolves across your Xbox, your Windows 8 powered PC, and your Windows powered smartphone by revolving around your lifestyle. No matter where you are, Revolve will be accessible from all your devices, even those you take on the go. You can play Arcade games on your phone, or even check in with your friends to set up a tournament at a specific time for your favorite multiplayer title. You can play the same games you enjoy on your PC or Xbox on either platform. Have a laptop? Play a quick game between classes or watch an episode of your favorite television show. When you get home, your Kinect activated Xbox will be ready with movies, music and of course, games to play on your HDTV with all the great experience you've already come to expect with Xbox and Xbox Live. Revolve is where you are, when you want it. It revolves around you."

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4 unless Sony launch something not really worth the name in terms of power something like PS3.5. Then there will be PS Evolve or other name. Otherwise PS4 is just fine.

This seems like a perfect time to bring this thread back alive.
PS4K seems like most people agree with it; but most of us have not come forward on the next generation Xbox name.
Thoughts?

I'm thinking:
PS5
Xbox Elite

Both will be called PC.

Gt3fqu8.gif

Last edited:
Going by the previous naming convention of Xboxes (i.e., none) I'd suggest it'll be nearly impossible to predict.

Xbox Elite is probably the best guess.

I've always believed xbox in itself is not a very good name for a mainstream brand. Its hard to move away from it now, though, so i doubt ms will ever do it. But xbox as a name was created to, and indeed does, imply something techy, extreme, geeky. That resonates very well with a very specific demographic, but is very alienating to a bunch of others.

Back