power supply fan replacement

thomase

Newcomer
I have an Enhance 300W power supply that came with my case. It has an 80x80x25 fan made by ADDA Corp. Model # is AD0812HS-A70GL. I can't find specs for this exact model on ADDA's website; the closest is AD0812HB-A70GL. According to their naming scheme, the only difference between these 2 models is that the HS uses sleeve bearings and the HB uses ball bearings. Anyway, the specs for the AD0812HB-A70GL are 40.8 CFM air flow and 32.5dB noise. After replacing my CPU fan with a Spire Whisperock IV, it became clear that the PSU fan is the bigest source of noise in my case. Does anyone know of a good fan to replace my existing PSU fan? I want something that is quieter but I am concerned about getting a fan with a CFM rating that is much lower than the existing one (assuming the specs I found apply to my exact fan model). On newegg, I found the following

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-150-044&depa=0

It's rated at 37.87 CFM and 26.5dB. However, it has a 3-pin connector (I guess the 3rd pin is for RPM measurement?) and the fan inside my power supply is attached with a 2-pin connector.

Back