Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Discussion in 'Console Technology' started by BRiT, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Tkumpathenurpahl

Tkumpathenurpahl Oil Monsieur Geezer
    Veteran Newcomer

Similarly to some of the above posts, mine enters and exits rest mode without issue, whether it's done automatically or manually.

2. Globalisateur

Globalisateur Globby
    Veteran Regular Subscriber

The problem with rest mode is obviously the power outages but also the microcuts as often you are not aware that one occurred.

rekator likes this.
  3. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Because all 3 of my dualshock 4 are broken right now, and I only have dualsense that's working fine.
    The new price of dualshock 4 is almost the same as dualsense in here, so if I can just buy a usb dongle instead....

What usb dongle allows dualsense to work with PS4?
    Thank you

4. Vega86

Newcomer

I've watched it on an oled S7+ and there seems to be some weird speckling on many scenes, noticeable on fur. Doesn't look like the typical film grain effect.

PSman1700 likes this.
  5. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

Cool, i still have a gold S7 edge (exynos) left aswell, one of the best phones ive ever had.

6. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran

Just watched it on my S7+ tablet and can't say I know what you're talking about. Did you select 2160p resolution?

7. chris1515

Legend Regular

Maybe the bugs this dev of Insomniac talk about. Final version will look better. And 15 minutes video of thursday will have bugs too.

Vega86 likes this.
  8. Vega86

Newcomer

Same. S7+ Oled tablet. Both mid and max brightness

0:24 on the puddles up to 0:27 at the lower middle of the screen. Some weird speckling.
    0:28 on the floor weird speckled shadows.
    Entire 0:34 scene with Rivet. I keep replaying it and the fur has some weird speckle.
    0:52 with Ratchet and the enemy robot scene. Speckling on the fur. It's sometimes hard to see on stills. Quite noticeable on the background around Ratchet.
    On next scene at 0:57, showing the rocky area, there's much less or no speckling in comparison.
    0:59 this looks much with Rivet. On the other scenes where she's closer to the cam, there's that speckling again. Her close up at the end of this scene also doesn't have that or much less of that speckling I'm talking about.
    1:07 rocky area scene again, looks much cleaner like the last one compared to other scenes. When Rivet's face shows up at the end with robot, I don't notice any speckling on her fur.

Maybe it's just lower quality upload? The game's film grain looking worse on darker scenes together with youtube compression?

I didn't notice such in Gamersyde ps5 spiderman videos.

Yes. It's at 4K.

Anyway, more impressed with the older trailer that was showing real gameplay with scene density with npcs running around.

Pete and PSman1700 like this.
  9. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran

Did you just.. quote yourself saying you see the same artifacts as yourself?

10. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

Thought the same thing, but its an impressive looking game nonetheless. Up there with the top (even though weve seen not much so far).
    Il settle for 30fps mode for the highest quality. Doubt it will kick DS off the thrown though.

11. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

What's the timing for today's State of Play in CET land? They will have 15 min presentation for Rift Apart.

[​IMG]

Nesh likes this.
  12. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran

12pm CET I think. 10.5 hours from now.

13. invictis

Newcomer

Do we know what is holding up expandable memory on the PS5 at this point?

We have PCIE 4 SSDs that excel the speed of the PS5 SSD and are around 7gbs, which was the number most people thought would be acceptable for the PS5. Yet, here we are with no approved SSDs.
    There was talk about Sony increasing the fan speed in a firmware update, and some people thought this was to do with the extra heat generated by M2 SSDs. Nothing official on that tho.
    So if 7gbs SSDs arnt fast enough, just what speed will be acceptable going forward for expansion memory?

14. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

I thought it was 11pm/23h CET no ?

15. chris1515

Legend Regular

It it 23h CET

Karamazov likes this.
  16. manux

Veteran Regular

It's probably a question of engineering priorities. It's also possible those ssd's could require ps5 specific firmware fixes making integration more complicated. It's not like this is needed in a hurry. I doubt many people have internal drive full of actively played ps5 games. Using external hdd to play ps4 games and store ps5 games helps those people who are running out of disk space.

PSman1700 likes this.
  17. novcze

Regular

I'm not excited for m.2 expansion, I would like see new PS5 models with bigger internal SSD.

invictis likes this.
  18. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

Why dualsense support is a mess?
    1. It works on PS5 and ps3, not on PS4. Requires 3rd party unofficial usb dongle to work with PS4.
    2. It works on remoteplay on pc, didn't work on remoteplay on Android, it works with 3rd party unofficial remoteplay app on Android.

19. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

It works on my 12 pro max since the 14.5 update :p

orangpelupa likes this.
  20. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

Nice! Hoping Sony will add dualsense support to remoteplay Android, soon. In the mean time, I gave it a 1 star review lol.

Btw on ios, does it handles PS4 games vibrations good?

PSman1700 likes this.