Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Devs improving their games is a special case. If the game has "automatic" performance, like variable resolution, then it will already improve without the dev doing anything. For the devs that want to have a specific PS5 mode, like mine, cyberpunk, and blood and truth, you need to ask playstation developer support and explain your case.
This explains a few things, as I never understood why some devs said it was too much work or not possible compared to the added profile flags on xbox, yet saw it in some games.

The dev said they updated the Unreal Engine version to 4.2 and it worked.

I assume just upgrading to unreal engine v4.2 is non-trivial for most games on earlier versions? I mean upgrading unreal might not be a big job, but to make sure your game still works as it should with the new version?

I assume just upgrading to unreal engine v4.2 is non-trivial for most games on earlier versions? I mean upgrading unreal might not be a big job, but to make sure your game still works as it should with the new version?

It is in the comment, he was not knowing why the game wasn't compatible.

I have no idea. The version that was broken was using Unreal Engine 4.20, with some small tweaks, but it didnt work. I was already making a patch for the game, and that patch updated the engine to 4.22. When i tried that version, i saw that it worked, so didnt have to do anything but finish that patch and add ps5 settings.

but the graphical settings have been improved, and it runs at 120 fps native...and add ps5 settings.
Another confirmation that with PS4 BC you can have PS5 settings. Yet only XSS and XSX versions of Cyberpunk got some extensive next gen settings, not PS5.

Of course Cyberpunk on PS5 already have some next-gen settings with the uncapped framerate. Now we know if devs wanted they could have given to PS5 the same settings present on XSX.

If it's more time consuming then, well, no they can't ? Anyway I prefer them working on fixing bugs of course, but on true ps5/xsx versions too.

Usually local networking info would only be accessible from devices on the same local network but there are exploits that can trigger some IP stacks to spew their local settings including MAC addresses, hostnames etc..
But we where talking about if spoofing/changing your PS mac address would get your console unbanned.

What a world we live in btw, 399 dollar consoles that do 120fps...

I wish more old games would be patched to run at 60 though. They sell them still so that could be a nice boost maybe.

Surely not? It's a single display with two lenses each covering 1/2 of the screen. With the single display refreshing at 120hz.

Well shoot, my local store let me know they secured a ps5 for me. I had already mentally accepted that ps5/xsx will be bought in a year or so after failed pre-order and too busy with work and especially family. I don't plan to buy any games for the moment. Uhh so other than mm and ds anything that showcase its capabilities? I have ps+

Well shoot, my local store let me know they secured a ps5 for me. I had already mentally accepted that ps5/xsx will be bought in a year or so after failed pre-order and too busy with work and especially family. I don't plan to buy any games for the moment. Uhh so other than mm and ds anything that showcase its capabilities? I have ps+
Don’t forget to claim the PlayStation Plus Collection (scroll down) in case you missed some big last gen games, though none of them will necessarily showcase the PS5 (save for some of them now running at basically locked 60fps).

Maybe Bugsnax? ;)

But we where talking about if spoofing/changing your PS mac address would get your console unbanned.
Sure, but the premise was that the PS5 uses its own MAC address as a method to uniquely identify the console so you'd need the hack the PS5 itself and convince the PS5 that its own MAC address was different from what it is. To do so you would need to compromise the console's operating system and develop tools to spoof the MAC address, which not all network adaptor controllers. The chances of PS5 using the network MAC address for identification is zero.

There's no Alternate MAC Address setting for the PS5? Its a user available setting on the Xbox consoles (Settings, Network, Network Settings, Advanced Settings, Alternate MAC Address)

It's quite silly to think a piece of hardware that has physically unique indentifer would not use that for any and all sorts of protections or restrictions.

There's no Alternate MAC Address setting for the PS5? Its a user available setting on the Xbox consoles (Settings, Network, Network Settings, Advanced Settings, Alternate MAC Address)

It's quite silly to think a piece of hardware that has physically unique indentifer would not use that for any and all sorts of protections or restrictions.
Yeah, we use it at work to track hardware, we hash the MAC and add that to a UIID block on every machine, mainly to stop me from poisoning CAM tables and the like when I'm doing stuff. I was just wondering if the same idea might be in play with the PS5.

Nope. Enabling the security policy for approved MAC addresses then allowing anybody to connect anything to it, including devices where the user can change their MAC address at will, is the dumbest thing ever. I know some hotels do this, though. :runaway:

Surely not? It's a single display with two lenses each covering 1/2 of the screen. With the single display refreshing at 120hz.
no, you have to render two different images at at least 60fps each, so 120fps total, that's why PSVR games take a big hit in graphical fidelity, otherwise we could have CoD graphics in VR on PS4.
See it more like a split screen mode.

Back