Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

As usual, the 'concern' is unwarranted, when most devs and pretty much everyone who has used the controller are all raving about it, with some even going out saying that MS is going to have to respond to this somehow, as the features do have a big impact on immersion.

Also, quoting myself again but...

It was a joke, but what's even funnier is that today's 'embargo' didn't even allow this!! :LOL:
well, to be fair, if you're on xbox, you got burned this gen. Almost no one took advantage of the rumble triggers especially in the third party space. And they are pretty fun to use. Only Forza took advantage of it lol and I think Halo. Each trigger pull for a gun could have had distinctive pops. It would have been perfect for a game like destiny where each trigger had a slightly different rumble, combined with rumbling the controller etc. This is going to be a much better generation if everyone is going to do it.

Im pretty sure if someone was bothered, they could go back and find excited youtubers and game journos talking about how the joy cons are truly next gen and soooo amazing. Its just excitement, time will tell if its gonna be a gimmick or not. Im leaning towards gimmick based on past behaviour

Im pretty sure if someone was bothered, they could go back and find excited youtubers and game journos talking about how the joy cons are truly next gen and soooo amazing. Its just excitement, time will tell if its gonna be a gimmick or not. Im leaning towards gimmick based on past behaviour
no one wants it to be useless. It just turns out the developers just don't care lol. Perhaps too much labour to make it something really special, I don't know. I would suspect if you really want some cool shit, you're going to eat into cpu cycles if each weapon and gun you fire with all has different feedback. It's an incredible concept though. I hope they put in the effort

Maybe the effort required isnt that great as one would think, in special if sony supplies APi etc.
Also I just remembered the game Deathloop by Bethesda(to be owned by MS) will support the DS5 features.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...nse-controller-triggers-when-your-weapon-jams

Here's how the PS5 DualSense will enhance Spider-Man, Deathloop and more

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/here...se-will-enhance-spider-man-deathloop-and-more

Also I just remembered the game Deathloop by Bethesda(to be owned by MS) will support the DS5 features.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...nse-controller-triggers-when-your-weapon-jams

Here's how the PS5 DualSense will enhance Spider-Man, Deathloop and more

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/here...se-will-enhance-spider-man-deathloop-and-more

Oh, looks like a good start for sure for the controllers support. I think this was abit needed, as graphics dont take such a leap anymore, innovation can be found elsewhere too, for a better total package.

Oh, looks like a good start for sure for the controllers support. I think this was abit needed, as graphics dont take such a leap anymore, innovation can be found elsewhere too, for a better total package.

You're getting a bit trolly again.

I'm coming from first gen PS4, the difference is going to be huge for me.

A good look at the DS5 grip. It is the same as on the inside of the PS5 side covers.

vpavic_4261_20201023_0034.jpg

vpavic_4261_20201023_0040.jpg

Wow i thought the 2001 xbox was so large and bulky :p

You're getting a bit trolly again.

Absolutely not, its what DF have clearly stated. Aside from that, theres no reason to be trolly about that, its affecting xbox, and its affecting PC. Hell, the PS5 is having the best looking games compared to those platforms, even though the smaller leap in hardware advancements.

I'm coming from first gen PS4, the difference is going to be huge for me.

Yes, its a very big resolution increase and 60fps modes, together with ray tracing, 3d audio, controller features, loading times are a thing of the past and other improvements. Ofcourse its a huge difference even to 2016 consoles. Just not as huge as say from PSX to PS2, its not possible :p

But i understand your reaction.

It seems hand on and impressions about demon's souls are thursday 29 october at 15:00 EST / 20:00 CEST

Oh yes, demon souls will deliver next gen graphics, i will play astrobot first then that game. Two weeks left :p

Good question, either more work for devs or no support. Guess 1st party games are a way to go for solid experiences of the new features.

Depends on how the haptic profiles are integrated into the development process. It might be as simple as ticking a box to get the basic haptic feedback in place. Lots of third party games integrated use of the touch-pad on the DS4 so I can't imagine that will change much with the PS5; developers will make use of any feature that increases the immersion for their games. Especially when it's the lead market.

More complex profiles can be created by developers if they wish and uploaded to the controller. These I would expect will mostly come from 1st party; like the sound profiles for the headset.

Depends on how the haptic profiles are integrated into the development process. It might be as simple as ticking a box to get the basic haptic feedback in place. Lots of third party games integrated use of the touch-pad on the DS4 so I can't imagine that will change much with the PS5; developers will make use of any feature that increases the immersion for their games. Especially when it's the lead market.

More complex profiles can be created by developers if they wish and uploaded to the controller. These I would expect will mostly come from 1st party; like the sound profiles for the headset.

Ok looks good.

Of course this isn’t confirmation but around the 3:15 mark of this video the tech radar host claims the HDMI cable included in the PS5 is the exact same one that came with the PS4 Pro.

So I'm just gonna say, the aesthetic/design language of PS5 is really likable. But I felt that way the first time they showed it off. It's the actual size where my issues come into play. It's just almost comically large; maybe a different approach to the motherboard design and arrangement (while still having things function the way they'd want) could've helped in getting the physical footprint smaller.

Some of the shots, particularly if you lay it horizontal, make it look better on the physical footprint front, but vertically it's something of a Goliath. Ultimately I don't think this is going to bother the hardcore or most core gamers too much, but I can already see them planning for a slim model for the early stages even at this time, because I'm curious how casuals and mainstream types will take to the size of this (maybe they won't really care all that much.

There's also the subconscious signaling that if you make it look bigger, people'll think it's powerful. You know, American muscle car kind of thinking, but systems like the Turbographx-16 were designed with that in mind too (to not-stellar results for that system, sadly).

Yeah really not a fan of the PS5 design at all. The fact that is one the largest consoles ever but also coming under the power of the competition is hard thing to see as anything other than failure in design. I get it's quiet...but so is XSX...

So it's larger and less powerful. Just hard to fathom. Also the fact it's got a bit of that "PC gaming" aesthetic is another knock against the look.

The digital edition is the only saving grace here being a bit sleeker and a lot cheaper...and the only option I'd even consider at this point.

Back