Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

While I love the game, if they show the same bloody trailer and gameplay segment they’ve already showed twice in the last two ‘showcases’, I will be furiously complaining on here.
If Dusk golem is to be believed, we should expect games I'm not interested in lol. IIRC it was a new Final Fantasy and 1 other.

I pulled my old 1995 MR2 out of storage because I could finally get antique insurance on it (25 yrs)
Turns out a bunch of shit broke in the last 14 years and I didn't even realize it.

There's no replacement for mid-life crisis than driving around in a 2 seater sports car =P Not enough haptic feedback in those ps5 controllers. I need no A/C, dripping T-top, a clutch so heavy I get knee pains, and a transmission that doesn't fit into gear properly all the time. That's living ;)

So old it probably doesn’t run at 120fps. And no AF obviously.

Added event description to my post.

Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).
Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.
Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5.

I'm banking on pre-orders being opening around the same time as Xbox pre-orders. So we're looking at Sept 22 for pre-orders. So the announcement will happen 7 days before. Interestingly, MS was also planning the exact same thing. This must have been the deadline to announce.

I'm banking on pre-orders being opening around the same time as Xbox pre-orders. So we're looking at Sept 22 for pre-orders. 7 days before.
Almost certainly. Retailers will have pre-order processes already setup, they just need the price options. In the UK, much like 2013, I expect PlayStation to release/launch a week or so after Microsoft.

All jokes aside, this is what would be really nice to know, Sony, on top of release date and price obviously:

- PS5 Upgrades on big and not so big first party PS4 games: are we even getting any? If so, what/how/when/free? There is really no excuse for Sony’s super lauded and hyped Worldwide Studios to not go back and give us upgrades for their multi million selling PS4 games, when CDPR is giving us updates to The Witcher 3 with RT, FOR FREE. It’s not even that many games - heck, Santa Monica has ONE GAME to upgrade. Naughty Dog has a couple.

- UI tour and actual showcase of it running and loading games super fast etc.

All jokes aside, this is what would be really nice to know, Sony, on top of release date and price obviously:

- PS5 Upgrades on big and not so big first party PS4 games: are we even getting any? If so, what/how/when/free? There is really no excuse for Sony’s super lauded and hyped Worldwide Studios to not go back and give us upgrades for their multi million selling PS4 games, when CDPR is giving us updates to The Witcher 3 with RT, FOR FREE. It’s not even that many games - heck, Santa Monica has ONE GAME to upgrade. Naughty Dog has a couple.

- UI tour and actual showcase of it running and loading games super fast etc.
Agreed.

That UI tour is sorely missed in this whole conversation. I won't lie, at first I was thinking the quick swap between 6 titles was sort meh on Xbox but actually, it's sorta awesome if you're often jumping around which could easily happen if you're juggling between different MP titles and SP titles.

Need those BC details badly, I want to know which titles are being enhanced if any are being enhanced at all.

Meaning they will showcase their new Hunger Games style tournament for procuring an actual PS5 at launch.

Lose and you die.
Then I guess this is about confidence. I shall meet you on the pre-order battlefield! :cool:

Or, given I have registered for pre-order availability with both Amazon and Argos, I may just leave it those retailers. Because, you know, COVID-19. :yes:

Europe already got a good practice!

How do you know it's Europe? Oh right, nobody is 400lb and riding a scooter.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/12/watch-live-playstation-5-showcase-on-wednesday-september-16/

Playstation event this wednesday sept 16. it says it will go over games, no mention of HW, really wanted to see if it was RDNA 2 or not =/
Sony already confirmed RDNA 2. I don't understand where this confusion is coming from (I heard it on the PC Perspective podcast too). We've known since March, directly from Sony.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ls-of-playstation-5-hardware-technical-specs/

On PS4 the teardwon was one week before release. They will show games, give price and release date.

A gameplay demo of Demon soul's, Spiderman probably a teaser of FF16.

Back