PixelJunk Shooter *

There are two special stages that give you unique abilities. You just have to complete them to get the special abilities.

Congrats w/your two rainbows!

You need to get sprint ASAP! As for Rainbows, just trying the same method won't always lead to a Rainbow (aced level). There's a fair bit of tweaking needed. The 4 trees only level took a lot of different strategies. There are a couple of other levels that really need some very fine adjustments to the overall strategy.

Here are some tips I found when playing (I too have aced all levels solo :D)
The only new towers you want to buy are Laser for fliers, Flame for creeps, and Beehive which is an all-round useful tower. Tesla and Freeze and Mortars and anything else is a complete waste of time.

Bees from a beehive track to where you are standing, but take a while to get there. If you walk ahead of a target, like the Boss, the bees will all reach him at the right moment and blow him to bits. This was the only way I found to kill the boss in the 4-Trees level.

You can buy the Interest upgrade several times. The first time takes you to 10% interest. The next 15%, and the third 20%, which leads to a lot of money if you're saving. But apart from one of the trophies, this isn't something of concern in normal play.

Can't think of any others at the moment.

Sprint is activated by pressing the Circle button if I remember right, and bomb is activated by pressing square (uses 5 gems, however).

Question: Does the Fire Tower work on the final boss ?

It doesn't look effective. I usually switch to black cannons to destroy the boss, but it's a little tricky for one of the medium difficulty levels (The one with only 4 trees).

Fire usually doesn't do much to a boss. Your best weapons against bosses are Cannons, Hive Towers, and Mortar Towers.

The Moarter towers can be devastating if upgraded higher than red, especially if the enemy passes through their AOE multiple times. The Hive tower is great as well.

Yeah. I had a red cannon, 2 black cannons and a hive tower for the last boss (Level with 4 trees). Failed 3 times in a row because I couldn't destroy it in time. I was only 1 hive/cannon hit away from killing him, but he's got to my home base a tad faster.

Yeah. I had a red cannon, 2 black cannons and a hive tower for the last boss (Level with 4 trees). Failed 3 times in a row because I couldn't destroy it in time. I was only 1 hive/cannon hit away from killing him, but he's got to my home base a tad faster.

What I generally try to do on that stage is save my gems to upgrade towers, I don't really buy much. I think you can get away just buying the fire tower on that stage, black cannons all around should kill the boss. You don't need the Hive tower on that map, if I remember right. I haven't played in a while since I aced everything :( I need to revisit it though, it has custom soundtracks now, perfect podcast game :D

I never managed to ace it without the hive. If you get the hive on black and walk a fair bit in front of the boss so the bees intercept, that was enough. I think I had two black cannons in the middle too, hive nearest the base. I don't think I bombed him, as I'm pretty sure you don't get bombs by then. If you save your gems, four bombs (20 gems) almost flatmlines a boss IIRC. So one bomb is enough to weaken enough for bees alone to finish the job. But I don'te remember exactly my solution. I just remember lots and lots of tries of different strategies, finding which towers to build where and when! It's so annoying when one little grunt or spider gets through and denies that rainbow!

Yeah, finally nailed it with 2 black cannons, 1 blue cannon and the hive. I don't think the level can be completed without a hive !

I had an idea for a new thrust like game a few years ago. Altho my idea had a limit on how much you could thrust so it worked like a platformer to an extent, and your attack was using the thrust in the direction of enemies. Closest similarities to this new pixel junk game was the terrain destruction and using water to solve some puzzles. I was thinking of using surface spray from thrusting over water to put out fires. I don't do anything with my game ideas, but it's weird seeing something close to what you imagined.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is on behalf of my wife:

What is the best way to clear the Big Boss in Hard Level 2 (PJ Monster) ?

She tried the Fire Tower and Mortar Tower but the monster moved too fast.

It was a promotional contest. The purpose wasn't really to find a name, but to drum up interest in the title.

Back