Pics from our second honeymoon, lots of big pics

fallguy

Veteran
So my wife and I just had out 10 year wedding anniversary this weekend, and I got a few pics. We went to Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg, TN. Its the second most visited tourist attraction area, behind Orlando. Its also the number one place in the USA for weddings (yes even over Vegas), and anniversarys. I rented us a small cabin up in the mountains, and we had a great time.

2.JPG

Pic of our cabin.

23.JPG

Nice sunrise about 6:30am.

10.JPG

We went on a 5 mile hike, to a small water fall.

9.JPG

Thought this looks strange.

15.JPG

12.JPG

Went to Riplyes Aquarium, where they have almost everything. Sharks as you can see, and many other things. Huge tanks, and even an under the tank moving sidewalk, so you're
in" the water with the fish and such. Makes for some very close encounters with the sharks.

16.JPG

My wife isnt no girly girl. :) Lots of grown men were too big of pansies to pick these things up.

We also went to Dollywood, rode some rides, and watched some shows. Pretty fun.

26.JPG

27.JPG

Thunder Mountain, voted the best wooden roller coaster in the US in 2005. Up to 55mph, and has the great wooden feel.

28.JPG

Wife posing in front of the old Mill.

32.JPG

VERY busy, too busy for me infact. The park is huge, and it was like that all over.

29.JPG

An actual coal ran train. Shoveled in like in the 1800's. Puts out a lot of smoke, smell, and ashes, but fun to ride. Very loud wistle.

30.JPG

Childens water park, although I like it.. In the top you can see the water guns. Turn the handle, and it shoots water out well over 30 feet. Faster you crank, more it shoots. Very fun, and wet. :)

31.JPG

When we went there, it was the Fesitvel of Nations. People from all over came to do shows. These guys were from Trinidad, and were called Sticks on Steel. Just old 50 gallon drums, but it sounded very good, as were they.

33.JPG

The 50's part of the park, my personal favorite era. Like the cars, the music, and the greasy hair.

21.JPG

Ripleys museum, pretty neat stuff inside there. Such as that huge rock ball that is "floating" on water in front. You can move it any direction. Its several tons.

22.JPG

Taken from top of a ski lift ride, overall pic of a small portion of Gatlinburg.

20.JPG

The creek that runs thru town, very nice and relaxing..

We also went to Cades Cove, in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. A must for anyone in the area.

35.JPG

Horses rock!

36.JPG

100+ year old house, all original.

39.JPG

Inside of said house.

37.JPG

Path to get to it from the main road.

40.JPG

Deer everywhere, and a few blackbear which I couldnt seem to get any pics of.

38.JPG

We rode around most of the loop, which is 11 miles long.

41.JPG

42.JPG

43.JPG

Nice creek, with a great swimming hole.

8.JPG

Awww, relaxing in the hot tub on the deck, overlooking the mountains. :)

Anyhow, had a great time. Was over too fast, but still fun. The trip was for us, but we couldnt stop talking about the kids. First time she has ever been away for so long from them, 3 days. Glad to be back, but looking forward to taking them with us next time!

You're not moonlighting for the TN tourist board by any chance? :p

(Nice Pics, BTW)

100+ year old house, all original.
You know? When I lived in Aus, I used to think "Wow! A 100+ y.o. house". The I moved to Europe and got a new perspective on those sort of things :)

And doesn't this just reinforce one of those US stereotypes :)

No.. just like the park. :)

Its closer to 200 years old, but I kow thats not old compared to some elsewhere. Its Made with just wood and mud though, and left in the elements.

Which is that? All fat?

Looks like it was a great time, PLEASE tell me you don't have children 'cause your wife is just too damned in shape! :oops:

Me and my wife's 10th is this October. We were planning to go to the Bahamas, but since we got the pups we decided to cut it a bit shorter and do a long weekend cruising down Route 66 in the Z. (It's what she wants to do. :) )

Hmm. 10th Anniversaries galore in the b3d crew this year, apparently. Ours was last month, tho our big trip is in August to Iceland and Scotland, as Scotland was our original honeymoon trip.

No kids, alas, as the gods did not smile (in spite of high-tech help). Several fur-children tho.

Nice pics! Btw, who'd your wife go on your anniversary trip with? Never did see any pictures of him. ;)

I didnt know what else he was talking about in that pic. About everyone was over weight in it, so I guessed thats what he ment.

geo, there are only like 3 pics of me I think. :/ None of which I uploaded. I dont like to have mine taken.. and I like to take them of my wife..

fallguy said:
geo, there are only like 3 pics of me I think. :/ None of which I uploaded. I dont like to have mine taken.. and I like to take them of my wife..

I'm the exact same way. Congrats on the 10 years mark.

fallguy said:
Which is that? All fat?
It was the amusing juxtaposition of the fast food restaurant and the rotundness of the people outside. :D

Back