PCMark05 - Coming Soon!

Wow I didnt know MPC played quicktime and windows media and so on...see the thing is...I dont know how it is possible to make the browser, IE, play media thru MPC....if I can figure that I will gladly get rid off all the players and so on...

suryad said:
Wow I didnt know MPC played quicktime and windows media and so on...see the thing is...I dont know how it is possible to make the browser, IE, play media thru MPC....if I can figure that I will gladly get rid off all the players and so on...

I use Opera but anyway try this:

http://ksphere.free.fr/site/codecspackage.php

Scroll down to where it says " For stream in Firefox or Opera". Ignore the rest of the page as it's intended for Windows nLite.

MPC is really great: small, fast, writes to a .INI instead of bloating the registry and you can even apply Dx9 pixel shaders to your videos (SmartShader-style) and more importantly, hardware accelerated (SM 2.0) window resizes.

Blazkowicz_ said:
suryad said:
WMP 10 is not crappy from what I have seen. it is the only vid player besides Quicktime that I need for Trillian that I have installed on my machine. Divx, Xvid and so on movie files play thru it. If I wanna watch a dvd then I get to use Powerdvd 6. I dont understand the big deal about people claiming WMP 10 to suck.

WMP 10 auto-installs over WMP 9 if you don't pay attention to your settings. So it kind of installs like a spyware, but you can't remove it! And it doesn't seem to do anything over WMP 9 except worsen the already complicated and cluttered interface.

but all my video goes through MPC ;)

WMP10 installs over WMP9 because it is a newer version. But I thought that was obvious. And yes you can remove it, at which point it reverts back to version 9. I also much prefer 10's interface to 9's.

It's hardly a bad program, starts up almost immediately, plays everything I throw at it just fine except quicktime and real obviously. I don't see why people dislike it except for the fact that it is a product of microsoft, and I think that is the real reason.

Back