PC gaming is dying...NOT!

Interesting article I came across, haven't really investigated much further but IMO great for the PC platform

Latest PC DRM tech too hard to crack

This lead the founder of Chinese cracking forum 3DM (a notorious hacking group) to admit that we may never see cracked games on PC again in as close as two years-time. Games like FIFA 16 and more recently Just Cause 3, remain un-cracked to this day, the latter of which spurred 3DM to comment.

Apparently 418 games for PC scheduled to be released in 2015 in either final or early-access form.
As somebody who has a lot of indie games in his steam library, please indie devs find something other than the Rogue-like bandwagon. There are some real gems in the genre but far too many "me too" games that do nothing new. Obviously indies are attracted to the genre because the content is easy to generate. I have the same sentiment towards the survival genre which is another I really like and that is often better with a keyboard and mouse.

There's no doubt PC is a way better place to experiment with a game in terms of content and game balance and with consoles being much closer to PC, it's easier to port later. I doubt console owners would be as appreciable/understanding of the kind of radical changes PC gamers are used to experiencing in early access programmes too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back