Ori and the Blind Forest [XO, NX]

I picked up the Definitive Edition around release for the upgrade price of $5. For some reason I never finished the original release despite really enjoying the game.

I've gotta say I have a love/hate/frustration/love feel for the game. So damn hard with tons of deaths, but satisfying when you do get past just small puzzles/levels. The DE with warps and backtracking really helps with fast travel when you get those new abilities that help you get to areas you just couldn't reach before.

I'm not done, but will finish it this time (I promise).

I completed it a couple of days ago before obtaining the final dash and air dash abilities for the new level as well as getting the triple jump ability, but went back and finished getting all the orbs last night.

On the final escape level, I must've died near 50 times (probably more). After getting all the new abilities, I did it on my 2nd or 3rd try. The new abilities help a ton, but I suspect part of it was being familiar with the level better.

Got to say it was one of the best games I played so far this year. Looking forward to what the studio puts out next.

Bought the Definitive Edition during the last big Summer sale & I'm finally over 50% completion. Started on Normal difficulty but the end of the Ginso Tree level was too hard, so I dropped to Easy. Not sure if I'll ever finish it since I'm not very good and have 45 hours in it already! :runaway: I still like the game & is probably my favorite platformer to date, but man is the dying so aggravating! LOL

Tommy McClain

Man you must be a glutton for punishment if you are going for that 1 Life achievement!
I can't wait to see what this studio does next.

LOL, nope! I'm NOT playing it again on harder settings. I put in over 50 hrs in my first play through no need to spend anymore. ;) And to think my wife said I was obsessive about it? ;)

Tommy

Back