on immigration

They all have beautiful soft curly hair, and are friendly as all get out.

Of course they don't say much more than 'baaa', but they're cheap dates so its ok.

RussSchultz said:
They all have beautiful soft curly hair, and are friendly as all get out.

Of course they don't say much more than 'baaa', but they're cheap dates so its ok.

hahaha thats wales ;) .

met a lot of nz and oz girls when skiing in france . ( or when in london). . . bred for barwork ,, iiiiinstinct .. . *very* pretty , and with a certain glint in their eyes (*)
-dave-

(*) and all about 15 yrs younger than me with scary looking boyfriends :(

nutball said:
Sage said:
A friend told me that the women to men ration in Oz was like 3:1. Is he full of it? 'cause if not... baby there aint NOWHERE else for me but Oz!

Have you seen Australian women? Scary people :oops:

Kylie&Dani Minogue, for instance? ;)

O.K., I know they're probably rather rare exceptions...

Smurfie said:
- Expensive cars, I paid US$75k for a simple Honda Civic.
wtf you sure that's american dollars? or does the average singaporian(?) make $20,000 a month?

nutball said:
Sage said:
A friend told me that the women to men ration in Oz was like 3:1. Is he full of it? 'cause if not... baby there aint NOWHERE else for me but Oz!

Have you seen Australian women? Scary people :oops:

that's okay, I have extremely low standards...

thop said:
Smurfie said:
wtf you sure that's american dollars? or does the average singaporian(?) make $20,000 a month?
Singapore has outrageous taxes on automobiles. Its a small island, and very few people have cars, though they many want them.

my last girlfriend was a (almost literally) crackwhore. actually she wasnt my girlfriend, i just pursued her endlessly and she finally slept with me. then, I persued a bratty 15 year old. then, another crack addict (but not a whore) that i met on the internet. I'm still kind of after her. Also, recently, I persued an alcoholic who was not a whore but is just about as loose as one.

low standards. i do have standards... there are some women even I won't date. but still very low.

Sage said:
my last girlfriend was a (almost literally) crackwhore. actually she wasnt my girlfriend, i just pursued her endlessly and she finally slept with me. then, I persued a bratty 15 year old. then, another crack addict (but not a whore) that i met on the internet. I'm still kind of after her. Also, recently, I persued an alcoholic who was not a whore but is just about as loose as one.

low standards. i do have standards... there are some women even I won't date. but still very low.

screw the standards, we are all people free to go for one another if we want to. ;)

Sage said:

You sound like a glutton for punishment to me!

OK, some girls can be a bit boring but you seem to be going a bit far looking for an interesting life!

Mariner said:
Sage said:

You sound like a glutton for punishment to me!

OK, some girls can be a bit boring but you seem to be going a bit far looking for an interesting life!

boring? no, i dont date them because they are interesting. i date them because i cant do any better. the only girls i have a chance with are the ones that are like that. even then, i have extremely little success. the last girl i actually got anywhere with was the crackwhore and that was in April.

thop said:
Smurfie said:

In Singapore, the taxes on automobiles are very high. And added to that, is the need to own a piece of paper, that says you can own a car. You have to bid for this paper, and bidding always goes to about US$15k-20k. On the other hand, the system does have positive effects on congestion, as this tiny island has very little congestion on the roads. Imagine a densely populated city that has none of the superjams we face stateside.

As for what the average Singaporean earns, I'm not sure myself. But from population surveys, Singapore has a negligible poverty rate, which is impressive.

Heh, and on girls, since that seems to be the favorite topic. Being an American, it's really quite easy to get a local as a girlfriend. There's this feeling that we are better than the local men. Don't ask me why, it's a perception many of the local women have. But as a result of this, these women who get foreign boyfriends are termed "SPGs". Don't ask me why or what it stands for. I have no idea.

ps. It's Singaporean.

wow that's really fasciniating about Singapore. How easy is it to get in and what kind of cultural changes have you had to adjust to? And, most importantly, how's the IT field?

Sage said:
wow that's really fasciniating about Singapore. How easy is it to get in and what kind of cultural changes have you had to adjust to? And, most importantly, how's the IT field?

Immigration to Singapore is very similar to immigration to USA. The simplest way to migrate here, is find a job. Barring that, studying here also allows you to migrate here, especially post graduate students, who will have absolutely no problems getting a job here. The government here is amazingly welcoming of skilled talents.

The 4 main industries here are high tech manufacturing, IT, finance and biotechnology. Stem cell research is big here. If their economic figures are to be believed, as of last quarter, their unemployment is 3.4%, which they regard as rather bearish. You will find many american companies and banks here.

Regarding a major bug bear, health care here is actually very good and affordable. There are privately run hospitals and public hospitals, sort of the best of both worlds. You can live without medical insurance here.

so, what's the cost of living like there vs here. of course it varies greatly here. I'm in Dallas TX right now, never lived in a high-cost area such as the coasts. And, how is the pay? Specifically the pay for IT, if you are in or know that industry.

nah it's only 25 percent more, especially compared with like NY where it's over 100 percent more.

Back