Official console hardware deals thread - where to get stuff cheap

NOt sure if this was brought up. If you use the bing tool bar and connect your live account to it , you get 250 bonus points and every 2 searches using the tool bar gets you 1 point. Xbox live 400 point cards are only 400 points through bing.

I've been using it with i.e 9 and like it so far. So i hope that helps someone out there.

NOt sure if this was brought up. If you use the bing tool bar and connect your live account to it , you get 250 bonus points and every 2 searches using the tool bar gets you 1 point. Xbox live 400 point cards are only 400 points through bing.

I've been using it with i.e 9 and like it so far. So i hope that helps someone out there.

Bad thing is you have to be running Windows Vista or 7 since it requires IE9. I'm still using XP on both my home & work PCs. Though the wife's netbook uses Win7. BTW, I was a staunch supporter of IE 9 until about 1.5 year ago when I first tried Google Chrome. Haven't looked back. Don't think I could give up Chrome for IE9 even if I had an OS that would run it. I've even contemplated dual booting to Chrome OS or JoliCloud just so I get a lean mean OS just for Chrome. Haven't dual booted an OS since OS/2 Warp. LOL

Tommy McClain

The amount of rewards seem to be random as they attempt to figure out what motivates people and what doesn't.

I have 1 point for every 5 searches. You have 1 point for every 2 searches. A friend had 1 point for every 10 searches.

The additional current offers gives me 3 points each. A friend's current offers gives him 15 points each.

Bad thing is you have to be running Windows Vista or 7 since it requires IE9. I'm still using XP on both my home & work PCs. Though the wife's netbook uses Win7. BTW, I was a staunch supporter of IE 9 until about 1.5 year ago when I first tried Google Chrome. Haven't looked back. Don't think I could give up Chrome for IE9 even if I had an OS that would run it. I've even contemplated dual booting to Chrome OS or JoliCloud just so I get a lean mean OS just for Chrome. Haven't dual booted an OS since OS/2 Warp. LOL

Tommy McClain

I love i.e 9 It takes the sleek look of chrome but its actually fast and doesn't crash

The amount of rewards seem to be random as they attempt to figure out what motivates people and what doesn't.

I have 1 point for every 5 searches. You have 1 point for every 2 searches. A friend had 1 point for every 10 searches.

The additional current offers gives me 3 points each. A friend's current offers gives him 15 points each.
Guess that why its in the preview section.

I already have 900 points. I figure by the time i go to florida again i will have enough for a $50 gift card for Disney. My gf is also using it on her laptop and my sister and brother in law have it on thier laptops .

I normaly use bing anyway so its not a big deal to me. Might as well get something for searchin

Gah the toolbar is HUGE and you can't put it on the same line as the regular toolbars that come with IE.

Seems MS's UI department is completely incompetant ever since IE9 beta. IE 7/8 were just about perfect, and now IE 9 just continues to be a mess. /sigh.

Anyway, tried it out. For me it's 1 point for every 5 searches with a limit of 10 per day. I'll probably get enough points for a 400 Xbox Live points and then uninstall it.

Regards,
SB

Walmart, London Drugs, Futureshop and probably some others will have the xbox360 4GB for $130 the week after xmas (in Canada for sure, I assume US as well). There's also some great game deals alan wake for $20, some kinect games (dance central, kinectemals) for $30 etc

For Canadians, it seems Walmart has 12month XBL Gold cards for $40. I saw the ad on the dashboard, but I'm not sure how long the deal will be. Maybe just this week since I didn't see the ad over the weekend.

Two things:
1. This thread needs to be stickied
2. Amazon has $20 off credit for some blockbuster games like Killzone 3 and Gears of War 3, along with Bulletstorm and Fear 3.

This seems to be cheap, if someone is interested in a PS3:

Yup, those Amazon prices are in direct competition to the 20% Tesco Direct promotion (please note UK'ers: Tesco Direct is a seperate company to Tesco so the prices are not mirrored in-store).

http://direct.tesco.com/content/specials/vat-free.aspx

Highlights:

Kinect standalone - £99
PS3 Slim 160GB - £196
Move Starter - £40
Wii + Just Dance 2 - £143
XBox360 4GB - £119

Plus the same 20% off a bunch of other consoles, games and accessories. Finishes at the end of this week.

I was in Tesco the other day and they were advertising 20% of all game stuff, although I was on my way out and didn't check the gaming section.

I was in Tesco the other day and they were advertising 20% of all game stuff....

Maybe it's in-store too, but if your Tesco has a Tesco Direct counter (generally near the entrance) then maybe that's where you saw the 20% off?

However, even if it's only Tesco Direct, you can usually order for store collection the next day, so no waiting in for delivery if you so choose.

Edit: In my local Tesco earlier and you're right, it's in-store too.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't this morning, but maybe they've 'price matched' the Play offer. It'll be interesting to see what the Amazon price it tomorrow, as they only had the PS3/360/Wii consoles at the special prices mentioned previously until the end of the Tesco 20% offer.

Edit: Yup, Play offer over, Amazon back to normal price ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan Wake digital download for $6.50...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KODHKM/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A13L3ZKDGI3E5O

I almost jumped on it. It's for a card that has a code on it. And since it's actually from videogamegeeks.com instead of Amazon you have to pay $5.49 for shipping. Making it $11.99. Had it been for a digital code with no shipping I would have bought it. Still thought some of you might be interested.

Tommy McClain

This game is WELL worth $11.99. Please play it.

Back