Official Account Deletion Request thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
Probably a dumb question but there's no way to know who's deleted their accounts?
There are many indirect ways. In this last case it was ****** who requested the deletion.

MOD: They wanted their account deleted and content anonymised. Name redacted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only reason I asked was because it isn't clear from the thread title or the wording in the requests that deleted accounts are intended to be anonymised. I assumed (correctly?) that might the case. Maybe it's obvious to you guys but this is the only place I post on the Internet so I'm not familiar with how deleted accounts are usually handled.

It's generally implied and better safe than sorry. If they don't want the data anonymised, they could just abandon the account and not bother with the deletion. Deletion tends to be to disassociate the content from a persona.

What people talk about in their PM's with other board members is their own business and not subject to censorship, although it would be poor form and disrespectful to leave a public connection between a user ID and persona somewhere on the internet.

It's generally implied and better safe than sorry. If they don't want the data anonymised, they could just abandon the account and not bother with the deletion. Deletion tends to be to disassociate the content from a persona.

What people talk about in their PM's with other board members is their own business and not subject to censorship, although it would be poor form and disrespectful to leave a public connection between a user ID and persona somewhere on the internet.
Poor form on the public forum for sure but in a PM? Anyone can look this shit up on the Wayback Machine.

Last edited:
I just thought of that scene in Wing Commander.

Let me give you a Reality check -- in all likelihood, you're going to die out here -- we all are -- What none of us needs to be is reminded of that fact -- so, you die, you never existed. Understood?

:censored:

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
No, not in a PM. PM's are private, so not public. It would be bad to take any private information shared in PMs and make that public on the internet.
Got it. Is RPSC considered private or public?

Also all day I thought it was Sunday and I just realized it's Saturday. Such an amazing feeling (y)(y)(y)

MOD: They wanted their account deleted and content anonymised. Name redacted.

Does that extend to censorship of any mention of their prior existence? I’m pretty sure the privacy laws don’t go that far.

i.e. is it illegal for any poster to mention the username of any user who has requested deletion in the past?

Back