offical Sony Press Conference Thread

They are very early shots by the look of it...
The textures are no-were near what they should be, i'd say the game is'nt even at alpha stage yet.
becuase it might be early, they might not even have FSAA implemented yet

2005/07/21 SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT TO ACQUIRE SN SYSTEMS
ProDG To Become Part of PS3 Software Development Kit

After all that arguing over their comments that PS3 is significantly more powerfual than X360...

jvd said:
Hardknock said:
PHONE MAIL FROM SHO NUFF, who was at the show:

ps2 lineup v mediocre but level 5 rpg looks good. psp lineup is utterly embarrasing save two gimmicky looking nongames a la nintendogs. bomba is psp system 2 point oh, adds browser with flash compat. and ability to download tv episodes in super sharp avc format (same as umd vid) ps3 no new demos. basically an hour of kutaragi jerking off the crowd with old e3 demos. no im serious, the people behind me were going "ohhhhhhh" "unngggghhh" "sugeeeee kireiiii" like someone was fellating them, I wish i had a mic or something, plus it was during the Alfred Molina demo(maybe they were gay). oh yeah white psp coming out soon. I left early because it was going way over schedule plus stockholder talk bores me stoopid.

Wait so this Tv stuff on the psp requries a diffrent psp model ?
No, I think it means the "psp system 2" means software update version 2.0, with 1.52 being the current latest firmware.

Perhaps. I have a 24" LCD with a native res of 1920x1080, and when I play games without AA I see jaggies of the nature displayed in those screenshots.

I don't think it's "obvious" at all. But you're free to have your opinion.

I also don't think Sony would use a resized JPG from 720 to 1080 for promotional material. That's beyond stupid, especially from a company that outsourced CGI material for promotion at E3!

Why wouldn't the developer just output the image at 1080i/p and grab a screendump? It's a still image. It's not like they had to worry about a framerate drop. Ask DeanoC, his team did the same thing for E3.

All I'm saying is that I've never seen a 1080p game have issues with aliasing like that, and that's why I think it's possible that 1080p is not the actual resolution of the game.

No, I think it means the "psp system 2" means software update version 2.0, with 1.52 being the current latest firmware.
Ah okay i was going to say i'd have to go take my 2 psps and shove them where the sun don't shine on KK if that was the case haha

Oh btw that tv thing for PSP sounds like the tv tuner add on. It's not some magic firmware upgrade that allows watching tv. ;)

050721a.jpg

HAWT! Kinda reminds me of X360's color scheme though :p

All I'm saying is that I've never seen a 1080p game have issues with aliasing like that, and that's why I think it's possible that 1080p is not the actual resolution of the game.

Yes I see where your coming from . However I still don't see why sony would allow images that look like this to be released esp after using cgi at e3 and seeing how much crap ms has taken for images with jaggies and not meeting next gen expectations .

They gave us killzone cgi and other cgi and told us to expect tihs and now the first in game shots (yes on dev kits ) look like this and fith phantom .

PC-Engine said:
Oh btw that tv thing for PSP sounds like the tv tuner add on. It's not some magic firmware upgrade that allows watching tv. ;)

I wish! No it's a website you can go to with the new PSP browser, and download tv shows.

xmu said:
jvd said:
Only black and silver . Wasn't aware they had another color besides those too :)

Heh yeah I think the non-slim PS2 comes in atleast five different colors.
really ?cause i've never seen one and i've worked at gamestop since before the dreamcast was out .

Hardknock said:
PC-Engine said:

I wish! No it's a website you can go to with the new PSP browser, and download tv shows.

I assume it cost money. :)

PC-Engine said:
Has SONY fixed the stuck button though? :p

That was fixed ages ago.....only the first wave of jap PSP's has that defect.

sony fixed it for the american/europe release ( but us euopians still wont get it till september :cry: )

So noone noticed the Biggest bombshells?

SNSystems acquired is one.
But there's 3 more

"AGEIA PhysX, the World's Most Advanced Physics Library, to be Included in Software Development Kit for PS3"
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/050721be.pdf

"SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT ENTERS INTO STRATEGIC LICENSING AGREEMENT WITH HAVOK
World's First Class Physics Engine To Be Included in Software Development Kit for"
PS3http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/050721de.pdf

"Unreal Engine 3 Evaluation To Become Available With Software Development Kit for PS3"
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/050721be.pdf

Frankly I'm a little lost for words with this announcement :oops:

Back