offical Sony Press Conference Thread

3roxor said:
I see potential but the jaggies are bad

Same . I also believe that if sony forces 1080p they may be in trouble . Its obvious that you still need fsaa even at 1080p

Ah my eyes!! There being cut to shreds by jaggies. Haha, sorry just had to make a little joke. There is a little explanation for the huge amount of aliasing going on. Sony's requiring that every developer release screenshots of their games in 1080p when it's obvious that this game is not going to use that resolution, so they blew they picture up, and as a end result you get jaggies. Don't get me wrong though, there's still waaaayy to many there even if it is blown up. Overall though I think Sony should have told From Software to take it back into the workshop before they show it to the public and address some of those graphical problems.

jvd said:
This is the first sony console to come out in multi colors esp so soon after launch .

ok maybe sooner after launch than before, but hasn't the ps2 has been available in quite a few colors? and so what if nintendo did it first.. it's not like all mercedes benz's are black :)

lol no joke....the first img posted, i thought it was a psp pic (off dev unit). wow honestly, except for the pic with the smoke, it looks very current-gen, im thinking it would do for xbox 1 what re4 did for gamecube in terms of graphics. of course it is being released on ps3, and that is a diff story. wheres all of sony's e3 cg... :) Im sure there will be more impressive examples of ps3 soon.

xmu said:
jvd said:
This is the first sony console to come out in multi colors esp so soon after launch .

ok maybe sooner after launch than before, but hasn't the ps2 has been available in quite a few colors? and so what if nintendo did it first.. it's not like all mercedes benz's are black :)
Only black and silver . Wasn't aware they had another color besides those too :)

nickguy94 said:
when it's obvious that this game is not going to use that resolution, so they blew they picture up, and as a end result you get jaggies.

I'm sorry, but how is everyone so sure that the game is not being made at this resolution? Maybe the game just looks crappy, no need to make up stuff.

PARANOiA said:
Why are they obviously not going to use this res? Serious question.

All it takes is one glance to see that those images are blown up a bit. The game's probably running in 720i or p, who knows. I don't get where you guys are getting that Sony is demanding that 1080p be required for every game, that's not what they told our studio. Sony has simply stated that all screenshots released should be at 1080p resolution. Why do I think they are using a lower resolution that 1080p? Because, based off of those screenshots, there is way too much aliasing going on there if it was running in 1080p. I'm not saying 1080p gets away with aliasing completely, but it will never be that noticable. So the obvious reason is that they blew the images up from the resolution that the game is actually using.

There was a very limited quantity of dirfferent colour PS2's available, at least in Japan and Europe. But they were a very limited edition and I don't think they were available in any shops but mostly given out as prices in compos and orderable from Sony website with a higher price than black PS2.
But arguing about someone ""taking someting out of someone's playbook" because of releasing different colour devices while the other has been doing it more and earlier is a bit childish, no a lot childish ;) That's not like some huge invention, really.

PHONE MAIL FROM SHO NUFF, who was at the show:

ps2 lineup v mediocre but level 5 rpg looks good. psp lineup is utterly embarrasing save two gimmicky looking nongames a la nintendogs. bomba is psp system 2 point oh, adds browser with flash compat. and ability to download tv episodes in super sharp avc format (same as umd vid) ps3 no new demos. basically an hour of kutaragi jerking off the crowd with old e3 demos. no im serious, the people behind me were going "ohhhhhhh" "unngggghhh" "sugeeeee kireiiii" like someone was fellating them, I wish i had a mic or something, plus it was during the Alfred Molina demo(maybe they were gay). oh yeah white psp coming out soon. I left early because it was going way over schedule plus stockholder talk bores me stoopid.

Hardknock said:
PHONE MAIL FROM SHO NUFF, who was at the show:

ps2 lineup v mediocre but level 5 rpg looks good. psp lineup is utterly embarrasing save two gimmicky looking nongames a la nintendogs. bomba is psp system 2 point oh, adds browser with flash compat. and ability to download tv episodes in super sharp avc format (same as umd vid) ps3 no new demos. basically an hour of kutaragi jerking off the crowd with old e3 demos. no im serious, the people behind me were going "ohhhhhhh" "unngggghhh" "sugeeeee kireiiii" like someone was fellating them, I wish i had a mic or something, plus it was during the Alfred Molina demo(maybe they were gay). oh yeah white psp coming out soon. I left early because it was going way over schedule plus stockholder talk bores me stoopid.

Wait so this Tv stuff on the psp requries a diffrent psp model ?

PC-Engine said:
If those graphics are what PS3 is capable of then I'm not impressed. SONY has a long way to go.

It's not like From Software's game is the only game coming to the PS3. Are you forgetting about Heavenly Sword, Fight Night, UT 2007, I-8, and the other games that were shown off? Don't give me that crap about them being CGI cause that bickering is long over with(notice I didn't put Killzone or Motorstorm so that you can't start argueing about it). My point being, just because one bad-looking game was shown off does not mean that's what all games are going to look like. So why even make a comment like that?

PC-Engine said:
If those graphics are what PS3 is capable of then I'm not impressed. SONY has a long way to go.
No, From Software has a long way to go.
It's just one game, and in the article it is said
It seems that also the image which is released, is reference exhibition from project of research stage to the last, is not something which is sold that way as the game

So it's a very early build, it's likely they just used exsisting assets like models and textures from PS2 game, to test the code.
Only the "special effects" like smoke look like it's new.

Still, it's not only the jaggies that look bad, but also the model detail and textures look like something that realistically all next gen consoles must be cabable of better. It's delusional to think this is the average of what next gen consoles would show.

nickguy94 said:
PARANOiA said:
Why are they obviously not going to use this res? Serious question.

All it takes is one glance to see that those images are blown up a bit. The game's probably running in 720i or p, who knows. I don't get where you guys are getting that Sony is demanding that 1080p be required for every game, that's not what they told our studio. Sony has simply stated that all screenshots released should be at 1080p resolution. Why do I think they are using a lower resolution that 1080p? Because, based off of those screenshots, there is way too much aliasing going on there if it was running in 1080p. I'm not saying 1080p gets away with aliasing completely, but it will never be that noticable. So the obvious reason is that they blew the images up from the resolution that the game is actually using.

Perhaps. I have a 24" LCD with a native res of 1920x1080, and when I play games without AA I see jaggies of the nature displayed in those screenshots.

I don't think it's "obvious" at all. But you're free to have your opinion.

I also don't think Sony would use a resized JPG from 720 to 1080 for promotional material. That's beyond stupid, especially from a company that outsourced CGI material for promotion at E3!

Why wouldn't the developer just output the image at 1080i/p and grab a screendump? It's a still image. It's not like they had to worry about a framerate drop. Ask DeanoC, his team did the same thing for E3.

Why would sony go through the trouble of the cgi at e3 and then allow ... no not allow , tell the developers to blow up thier pictures to 1080p . When they know they are going to make them look even worse ?

THat doesn't sound like sony

Secondly why the smoke and mirrors ? Are they making them release them at 1080p res to give the impression that they will have a slew of 1080p games when they wont ?

basically an hour of kutaragi jerking off the crowd with old e3 demos. no im serious, the people behind me were going "ohhhhhhh" "unngggghhh" "sugeeeee kireiiii" like someone was fellating them, I wish i had a mic or something, plus it was during the Alfred Molina demo(maybe they were gay).

:LOL:

Back