Oculus Meta Quest 3

yeah once you tried the Q3 pancakes, it's a no-no to return to Fresnel, i cry everytime i use my PSVR2, but for new people who don't know, it's a good enough device to enter the VR ecosystem at an accessible price.

So they announced at Connect that devs will now be able to bring their 2D apps to the Quest plateform. Means all Android apps/games can be ported, 2D games etc...
It will add a lot of content to the Quest library in a short time.

it's more Quest 3 than 2 specs wise. Same chip, same color passthrough, same controllers, same ram.
I was expecting the vanilla 3 to lower price, but on amazon is still at launch price with a game included, so at 549.
I want to try the quest but for a novelty it's too steep, do you think that this 3s is good enough, or have they cheapened too many core elements?

it's cheaper now, the version i bought at €550 (128GB) is now at €479 until they sold out as they won't produce more, the 512GB version is now at 549.
3S is good enough for newcomers, but i'd still go for the Quest 3, pancake lenses are really that much better, a huge upgrade for VR comfort.
it's a $40+ game included, + 3 months of Quest+.

Meta's Orion prototype was really cool. Shame whatever product comes out of it won't has as wide a field of view.

Hopefully the use of a wireless computing puck is coming to their next gen VR headsets. Adds cost though.

not now but in the future of course. Like what will be in the Quest 4, could offer a cheaper upgrade for Q3 owners.

Ah, ok. That's interesting going into future, with pucks decoupling processing upgrades from display upgrades. If they did offer that, I wouldn't expect it to be for HMDs that didn't initially come with a puck, but you never know.

Back