Oblivion screenshots

The most impressive thing to me was the new physics engine.
The graphics are ok. I dont think my PC would struggle at running this.

I dunno... we've been seeing an AWFUL lot of games' screen caps that are in 1024x576... I'm starting to wonder myself if MS isn't being a bit more lax on the certification rules just so they can have games at launch. If it was just once from a single a game or from a single sight I would just assume it's a resize issue, but we're getting this from multiple sites and multiple games. I think MS is being sneaky. Even the screens RARE put up aren't 720p.

EDIT:: Nevermind about the RARE screens, I'm blind and was looking at the wrong links.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost every Oblivion screen that has been released has been 720p IIRC.

These new shots look like a different game, and they're resolution is off, so they're fishy to say the least. The new shots posted by Swaaye are more inline with the GFX of this game and look heads and shoulders better than the OP's.

I have a Oblivion E3 Press CD and the screens on it are 1280x720. Not many shots on it though.

Mefisutoferesu said:
I dunno... we've been seeing an AWFUL lot of games' screen caps that are in 1024x576... I'm starting to wonder myself if MS isn't being a bit more lax on the certification rules just so they can have games at launch. If it was just once from a single a game or from a single sight I would just assume it's a resize issue, but we're getting this from multiple sites and multiple games. I think MS is being sneaky. Even the screens RARE put up aren't 720p.

There is actually a very simple reason why most screenshots shown are 1024X576.

Most people use a 1024X768 screen resolution. A 1024X576 screenshot will fit on their screen.

J_Saint said:
EB and Gamestop have moved the ship date to 12/5.
Though going by Eurogamer it's a December release. http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61294
Bethesda Softworks has put an end to rumours that the Xbox 360 version of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will be in the shops on the same day as the console itself.
"Our official release date is still holidays this year," PR and marketing VP Pete Hines told US website 1up.
"Nothing's changed."

Back