nVnews shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can open a website, look at the crap that spews from some. It is the content that seperates some from others, and why Beyond3D is the best out there.

I think this thread needs to die.
All I can see is that from here on the thread will degenerate into a pissing contest between nVnews and Beyond3D.

K.I.L.E.R said:
All I can see is that from here on the thread will degenerate into a pissing contest between nVnews and Beyond3D.

:oops:

THat's new for me... where do you see this, actually? :?:

Doomtrooper said:
ben6 said:
Ditto what volt said. And to be fair, even if NVNews was to thank NV in a message, why would it be a big deal? We all know that NVNews's focus has mostly been on NV hardware. And it has been from Day 1. Without NV support of the site in the form of video cards, there wouldn't be a site there today.

There is a thing callled 'Broadening your Horizons', hardware today is much better than 5 years ago. Why limit yourself to one brand :LOL:

I mean they had a chance, even Terry M. was posting there, until the gang that couldn't figure out how to screw in a light bulb started showing up.
I read that one thread about complaints on submitting bugs to ATI from some 'moderators'...well they need to spend more time in their forceware driver section, reality check :LOL:

I might add I think some people in this thread are only there to stir the pot :devilish:

I haven't had anything to do with NVNews in almost a year now. But the point remains, that NVNews is hardly transparent in what their primary focus has been or is.

I also haven't been limited to one brand in a long time (going on 3 years since my first Radeon review :)).

K.I.L.E.R said:

Beyond3D isn't really involved in this at all, they're just sort of the Switzerland of tech sites on the web. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
K.I.L.E.R said:

Beyond3D isn't really involved in this at all, they're just sort of the Switzerland of tech sites on the web. ;)

By Making posts like this you get them involved, I have a hard time believing Dave, John ect appreciate you stirring up a cesspool between the two sites, Which you are doing whether you realise it or not.

Doomtrooper said:
There is a thing callled 'Broadening your Horizons', hardware today is much better than 5 years ago. Why limit yourself to one brand.

I assume this suggestion can also be directed toward Rage3D?

ChrisRay said:
By Making posts like this you get them involved, I have a hard time believing Dave, John ect appreciate you stirring up a cesspool between the two sites, Which you are doing whether you realise it or not.

I don't think ANYONE believes that anything I say in any way, shape, or form represents Beyond3D's view on anything!

I posted up a subject on the graph being misleading, I stand behind that. I would have done it no matter what site put it up if it was brought to my attention.

digitalwanderer said:
ChrisRay said:

I don't think ANYONE believes that anything I say in any way, shape, or form represents Beyond3D's view on anything!

I posted up a subject on the graph being misleading, I stand behind that. I would have done it no matter what site put it up if it was brought to my attention.

Thats not the point, Nor is it even an issue. Its not an issue of "representing" Beyond3d, Its an issue of dragging Site drama to their boards, And that is exactly what you are doing Digi, Creating un neccasary drama, And doing it in all the wrong places.

If you had an issue with the review, Then ya shoulda spoken With Mike or Feedback "before" this thread existed, By creating this thread, You doing this Here, in this place, You have just created more tension in already straining relationship between the two sites.

But Its no surprise really. I have come to expect a certain content out of your posts on Every forum you visit. For some reason get a kick out of 3d card drama. Heaven knows why. Clearly you know this. You arent that Naive.

John Reynolds said:
Doomtrooper said:
There is a thing callled 'Broadening your Horizons', hardware today is much better than 5 years ago. Why limit yourself to one brand.

I assume this suggestion can also be directed toward Rage3D?
of course, being a fansite, the only way we could possible broaden our horizons would be to go out and buy our own nVidia graphics cards since it's not like nVidia is going to want to send us one (apparently. I've been trying for the last ~8 months). I assume the opposite is true for nvnews.

edit: What would be interesting to see is the reaction we would get if we happened to start up a nV fansite, a sort of sister site to Rage3D. I'm sure that would give aneurisms to some of you trying to classify us then.

ChrisRay said:
Thats not the point, Nor is it even an issue. Its not an issue of "representing" Beyond3d, Its an issue of dragging Site drama to their boards, And that is exactly what you are doing Digi, Creating un neccasary drama, And doing it in all the wrong places.

If you had an issue with the review, Then ya shoulda spoken With Mike or Feedback "before" this thread existed, By creating this thread, You doing this Here, in this place, You have just created more tension in already straining relationship between the two sites.

But Its no surprise really. I have come to expect a certain content out of your posts on Every forum you visit. For some reason get a kick out of 3d card drama. Heaven knows why. Clearly you know this. You arent that Naive.

Uhm, they've already closed the thread I started about this on nVnews and they shut down Snipe's legitimate question faster than that....THAT'S why we don't talk about it over at nVnews anymore.

I can't believe RageJG closed my thread because he felt it had been adequately answered, what a lame-assed cop-out! :devilish:

digitalwanderer said:
ChrisRay said:

Uhm, they've already closed the thread I started about this on nVnews and they shut down Snipe's legitimate question faster than that....THAT'S why we don't talk about it over at nVnews anymore.

I can't believe RageJG closed my thread because he felt it had been adequately answered, what a lame-assed cop-out! :devilish:

How do you suppose they could answer it? That woulda better suited you? The thing is, They have already answered your question, You just dont like the answer, The fact that it was closed just prevents you from creating more drama.

(which is what you continue to do) But whatever Digi, You've been doing this for a long time. When you are running your own Site, Paying the Bills for that Site, and reviewing all your own hardware consistently like Nvnews, Then I might sit down and listen to you, For now tho, Its just "Digi Mon Drama"

digitalwanderer said:
ChrisRay said:

You're a real piece of work Digi...we answered your questions. You even stated yourself that "Thanks Gafami, that does clear it up nicely. Just for clarification, I was ASKING about that, I was not accusing." If you had more questions after the thread was closed then start another thread with those questions...geez. We closed it because some people were starting to take aim at EB and B3D ya dang goofball! We did that in YOUR best interest...good freaking grief man. :rolleyes: I really don't know why I bother humoring you sometimes. I also find it odd that the mods here are letting this garbage heap of a thread continue. The last time I was here for any lengthy period of time DB came in and requested that we stop the focus on nV News...that was way, way tamer than this laughable crap.

ChrisRay said:
How do you suppose they could answer it? That woulda better suited you?
Mike could say if he did or did not put that message up, and if he did why he took it down.

Is it that difficult to grasp? :|

digitalwanderer said:
ChrisRay said:
How do you suppose they could answer it? That woulda better suited you?
Mike could say if he did or did not put that message up, and if he did why he took it down.

Is it that difficult to grasp? :|

Read Above Please.

MaxPower_NVN said:
You're a real piece of work Digi...we answered your questions. You even stated yourself that "Thanks Gafami, that does clear it up nicely. Just for clarification, I was ASKING about that, I was not accusing." If you had more questions after the thread was closed then start another thread with those questions...geez. We closed it because some people were starting to take aim at EB and B3D ya dang goofball! We did that in YOUR best interest...good freaking grief man. :rolleyes: I really don't know why I bother humoring you sometimes. I also find it odd that the mods here are letting this garbage heap of a thread continue. The last time I was here for any lengthy period of time DB came in and requested that we stop the focus on nV News...that was way, way tamer than this laughable crap.

The question remains unanswered, what is the big deal about letting Mike answer the question and be done with it.

I thanked Gafami for his information, but as I outlined above that doesn't necessarily negate Snipe's statement.

The question remains unanswered, your avoidance of the question is just making it look worse.

digitalwanderer said:
MaxPower_NVN said:

The question remains unanswered, what is the big deal about letting Mike answer the question and be done with it.

I thanked Gafami for his information, but as I outlined above that doesn't necessarily negate Snipe's statement.

The question remains unanswered, your avoidance of the question is just making it look worse.
I'm about ready to quit appeasing this kind of BS as others already have. Snipe's "statement" is just that...I could state that "one time, I saw a post on XYZ site that sad ________"...whatever guys, this is ridiculous. Your "question" has been answered with the utmost candor and honesty...if you can't see that then you're sillier than I thought.

MaxPower_NVN said:
digitalwanderer said:
MaxPower_NVN said:

I'm about ready to quit appeasing this kind of BS as others already have. Snipe's "statement" is just that...I could state that "one time, I saw a post on XYZ site that sad ________"...whatever guys, this is ridiculous. Your "question" has been answered with the utmost candor and honesty...if you can't see that then you're sillier than I thought.

Yeah, this is that type of amateur arrogance I'm talking about.

Myself said:
Dear Sazar and Co!

Actually it's funny to see these 'soldiers' of these so-called 'news sites' or whatever is the usual word for these amateur sites...
The main problem is there's nobody with real journalistic experience or background. It's pretty obvious for me.
I published tons of reports and articles over the 90s in REAL newspapers (weekly, monthly - I even got my own two-page monthly section finally) and tv news (mostly eco-news) and I think VERY FEW websites gets even close to the thing we called professional standards.

Because, dear web-new-whatever editors, this is a PROFESSION.
Being like this it supposed to be LEARNED, not experienced, my mates - there's NO WAY to learn journalism on your own.

Self-teaching isn't working in this field, my dear web-posters, although I have to admit there are a few sites which still counted as 'clear' on my list - but really few...

NVN isn't one of them - just check this case.

This particular case, as Hanners pointed out its essence, is about the 'profession' again: somebody posted something on his news site, in a very confusing way. When it - the way he did it - has been questioned, 'soldiers' claimed it wasn't intentional.
I actually believe this - because this is the 100% clear evidence they weren't even aware of whole possibility. That's the clear sign of amateur approach. It's not an actual wrongdoin' or something - it's just a very typical, common manner of these "news" sites nowadays.

PS: No offense here - just hard to see when somebody talking about a profession which is obviously absolutely unknown for him (if not, that's even worst)...
Code:

G'night, everybody. 8)

T2k said:
Yeah, this is that type of amateur arrogance I'm talking about.
Amateur, absolutely...I never claimed to be a professional...:D This is a h-o-b-b-y...my profession is surrounded by...well, professionals. Arrogant? Sure, but you've gotta be to fit in here don't you? ;) You are obviously so very professional and whatever...did you really have to re-post your own post from just a few posts back? Ugh...seems like sites jumping the shark is becoming an epidemic.

edit: spelllllling and gramar :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back