nVnews shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sickened anytime criticism is brought up in this manner regarding NVN, it's always dissed out by its huffy staff... :rolleyes: and of course, there's no word on the board...

Sazar- Tell me how you really feel about it, quit holding back! ;)

RageJG- So you're saying you don't agree that it was a misleading chart for a front page?

no, not misleading, sorry...

I didn't look into it an get sucked in by some MikeC suckhole trying once again to make R3XX look bad, I looked at it taking into account that there are performance differences between the cards in certain games... I looked at it seeing two of the highest performance video cards AND systems...

i'm sorry that some of you see things in the suckhole manner, sorry that you are so easily mislead, how easily you are offended... by a freakin paragraph on a web page on your computer screen in the room in your house!!! bleh!! :rolleyes:

I don't know what kind of person would look at that and decide to purchase one or the other based on that graph, as it was posted not in a "sway this way" manner, but as a "here's what's been done so far, check out the numbers" manner...

PatrickL said:
And you think that sort of trolling thread http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26511 started by a mod is really helpful ? :rolleyes:

shit happens...

afaik the majority of users on the nvnews boards are ati users... I have personally been using ati products for the longest time and am ati biased wrt hardware tech...

do a search on nvnews and you will find vamps actually does a lot of chat transcript posts... this one is no different...

digitalwanderer said:

RageJG- So you're saying you don't agree that it was a misleading chart for a front page?

I am surprised you are trying to laugh this off considering that you have now started not one but 2 threads on this forum wrt nvnews... both times w/o merit other than hearsay initially...

if you are gonna start fud than deal with the consequences... laughing it off after starting this b.s. again is not quite a funny...

HOW the information can be construed as being misleading is beyond me... of course if the information is presented in the manner YOU chose to display it than yes... it IS mis-leading...

I have not seen you put forth any information or corrections wrt what mike originally wrote... the context which it appeared in nor anything about the manner in which it was perceived on the forums...

as we all know you have very high moral standards... I think the whole ATI SUXORS COZ OF THEIR 2 POWERPOINT SLIDES THAT I PUT FORTH WITH A HEAVY HEART BUT FOR THE GOODNESS OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE I HAD TO DO IT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NONE OF THE OTHER SLIDES TO PUT THINGS IN CONTEXT threads that you stuck on all the forums you are part of sorta hints @ what a brilliant/high moral level you hold yourself to... of course in that instance you did issue some form of apology and acknowledgement for going off the deepend...

I guess for the community @ nvnews I will have to apologise to you for failing to live up to the standards YOU set for everyone else to follow... the credibility levels and whatever else that you wish to put forth...

please do let the posters @ nvnews know exactly how we should post and please do tell mike how exactly he should let people know what he does with his personal computer on HIS website that HE pays for... so that we can all meet your expectations...

If you guys want to do a lame thread on why nVnews sucks, why don't you put it somewhere else like on EB or, oh I dunno, nVnews itself? What does B3D have to do with this crap?

edit: better yet, put it on R3D so I can ban you and make myself feel better ;)

Ratchet said:
If you guys want to do a lame thread on why nVnews sucks, why don't you put it somewhere else like on EB or, oh I dunno, nVnews itself? What does B3D have to do with this crap?

edit: better yet, put it on R3D so I can ban you and make myself feel better ;)

there IS one on EB already...

http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4180

part of a bunch of threads started wrt nvnews

http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=30

nvnews does not generally deal with this kinda thing to my knowledge... people have started threads like this... the mods usually put and end to it since it is not constructive...

Sazar said:
nvnews does not generally deal with this kinda thing to my knowledge... people have started threads like this... the mods usually put and end to it since it is not constructive...

hint hint ... ;)

PatrickL said:
I lurk often rage3d and nvnews forum and i have to say that nvnews staff is a bit strange lately, acting more as fanboys than most of the forum members.
It is hard to not notice Vampireuk flame posts and biased moderation :)
No Kidding...

After a Solid year of More or Less Peacefull Coexsistence there I was Summerily Banned for no apparent reason whatsoever. I was not posting there nearly as often and was surely not being Troubblesome. I dont think they liked a comment i made about dismissing everyone who was not willing to Tow their new *extreme* Nvidia line or something. But I was really being rather Vague and non confrontational about it.

Every site has a right to any Identity of its Choosing. It simply seems rather strange that they Out of nowhere Decided to wack out.

Hellbinder said:
PatrickL said:
I lurk often rage3d and nvnews forum and i have to say that nvnews staff is a bit strange lately, acting more as fanboys than most of the forum members.
It is hard to not notice Vampireuk flame posts and biased moderation :)
No Kidding...

After a Solid year of More or Less Peacefull Coexsistence there I was Summerily Banned for no apparent reason whatsoever. I was not posting there nearly as often and was surely not being Troubblesome. I dont think they liked a comment i made about dismissing everyone who was not willing to Tow their new *extreme* Nvidia line or something. But I was really being rather Vague and non confrontational about it.

Every site has a right to any Identity of its Choosing. It simply seems rather strange that they Out of nowhere Decided to wack out.

I think your banning had a lot to do with what you said wrt mods and admins @ nvnews... one sentence in particular... but thats probably the new "extreme" nvidia line or something...

btw I am still waiting for a reply to the pm you sent me...

Sazar said:
digitalwanderer said:

I am surprised you are trying to laugh this off considering that you have now started not one but 2 threads on this forum wrt nvnews... both times w/o merit other than hearsay initially...

if you are gonna start fud than deal with the consequences... laughing it off after starting this b.s. again is not quite a funny...

Hey, it's not funny at all to me as I really used to like nVnews...and I've started threads on it on a LOT more forums than you've listed. :rolleyes:

Sorry you don't happen to see how nVnews lost it, but a lot of others have. I hope you're really happy there and have lots of good times, just don't go telling me I'm wrong for having my own opinion. :(

BTW-Hellbinder, you were banned with reason...you tend to point out the bad things that nVidia does which is now inappropriate over there. ;)

ragejg said:
Sazar said:

hint hint ... ;)

Tell someone else how to run their forum, good plan. :LOL:

digitalwanderer said:
Sazar said:
digitalwanderer said:

Hey, it's not funny at all to me as I really used to like nVnews...and I've started threads on it on a LOT more forums than you've listed. :rolleyes:

Sorry you don't happen to see how nVnews lost it, but a lot of others have. I hope you're really happy there and have lots of good times, just don't go telling me I'm wrong for having my own opinion. :(

BTW-Hellbinder, you were banned with reason...you tend to point out the bad things that nVidia does which is now inappropriate over there. ;)

Tell someone else how to run their forum, good plan.

I hope you have a fun life digi...

enjoy...

digitalwanderer said:
ragejg said:
Sazar said:

hint hint ... ;)

Tell someone else how to run their forum, good plan. :LOL:

...cmon, dig, don't take it like that, you know what I meant...

3dilettante said:
I'm not seeing the big deal here. The news entry indicated that MikeC had gotten a new system with an A64. He made a rough comparison with his old system, which he gave to his son.

I'm not seeing any shennanigans here if he's just saying his new system (not just processor, not just video card) is faster than his old one.

It's not like it's a full on formal review with supposedly hyper-accurate testing results.

I don't really go often enough to Nvnews to know anything about any other alleged bias.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, 3dilettante.

I noticed Volt had been too uptight with nvnews.

digitalwanderer said:
Evildeus said:
digitalwanderer said:
Just a neat observation Max, but did you notice how everyone on your site seems to see nothing wrong with it and don't think it's any big deal but that everyone not on your site seems to think it's another one someone tried to slip under the wire to make nVidia look better?
Well i don't know but for me an Ati/Nv/etc site is by essence biased. So, i don't really see what's your point. :?:
Who said I had a point, is that like a requirement now or something? :|
To make that sort of thread, yes i think so. And if it's personnal matters, i think it should be done on another board, but well just my 2 cts.

digitalwanderer said:
StealthHawk said:
Don't you guys have anything better to do?
This is ME we're talking about here, of course not! :p

Well, what about all these other people :p

Seriously, it takes two sides to start an argument. If people didn't start popping in saying "stop taking potshots at us" this thread probably would have died down a lot quicker. All arguing about things does is stir up the pot and give the monster more life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back