Nvidia's 3000 Series RTX GPU [3090s with different memory capacity]

I think the accusation is that they are acting against their own long-term self-interest (i.e., they are not maximizing profit) out of hubris, short-sightedness, stubbornness or some other mix of human emotions that is preventing them from employing the mathematically optimal long-term business strategy.
Which is what I call stupid because it sounds like a random reddit poster (or tech tuber) knows better how to run the business of Nvidia and AMD than the companies themselves. The only merit to such claims would be to use an example of a company which does differently in current conditions - but there is none. When people say that 4080 is too expensive they surely have an example of a product with similar characteristics which is much cheaper, right? No? Then what they are saying basically is that they are experts on how to run Nvidia and everyone at Nvidia are morons. Which is a really really stupid thing to imply.

Can the futur sell numbers of the 4080 told us more about nVidia strategy with the pricing ? Compagnies "miss-price" products all the time, it doesn't mean they're stupid or anything.

While their isn't an example of a product with similar characteristics which is much cheaper, their is the 4090, which cost more, but is more performant too, it's the real competition. Now, if someone tell me that they priced 4080s this way too sell 4090, it's possible too :D

GA102 seem to be EOL and sold out mostly already, that's $700+. Doesn't seem like they want to sell Ampere alonside Lovelace to me.
Maybe it's regional? In my region the market is still flooded with (new and used) 3000 series.

There's also newer 3050 or 3060 IIRC (different memory conf)

Back