Nvidia Pulling the Plug on GPP

Did Ryan / Anandtech really publish anything about GPP ?
Anandtech mentioned GPP when they posted the news about the Asus Arez line.
Other than that, Anandtech didn't publish anything about GPP until it was terminated.

@CSI PC claims that Anandtech's staff was actively investigating the subject until the news broke about the program termination, though I have no idea where he saw that. No one claimed anything of the sort on twitter or on AT's website, hence why I asked if he had seen a statement somewhere else (e.g. AT's own forums).

Outside of breaking the story, what exactly are Kyle's (factual) contributions to this debate? I don't view Kyle being vital to the "pros/cons debate" of a program like GPP.
HardOCP's state in the short/medium term will determine how aggressive the repercussions (that nvidia allegedly threatened them with) will be.
If the site dies due to nvidia partners pulling out their ads and refusing them review hardware, then all other publications are expected to shit themselves when nvidia orders them to shut up about the next consumer-unfriendly plan.
And that's not a nicer world to live in.

Ryan has done nothing in the past that would make me think that his "lack of reporting on GPP" was due to being bullied by Nvidia.
As both GamerNexus and Kyle/HardOCP claimed, nvidia showed an unprecedented vindictive behavior towards journalists regarding GPP.
Anandtech was never a website dedicated to corporate politics. I wouldn't blame @Ryan Smith for simply choosing to not fight this battle.

I think Kyle's role was definitely the most important of this story, but I don't agree with him going after the other publications who chose not to do any investigative journalism over the program.

I asked you a fair question (how is Kyle's continued involvement in this thread relevant to GPP) which you seem to be unable to answer for some reason (real reason: it's off-topic and has nothing to do with GPP).
If you or ToTTenTranz wish to follow up on the subject, feel free to PM me about it, but I think this thread is long overdue to get back on track.
https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/05/04/nvidia_pulling_plug_on_gpp
Kyle Benett said:
There is still a bit more of the story to tell, and that will likely come out soon.

It's rather early to close down the thread.

@CSI PC claims that Anandtech's staff was actively investigating the subject until the news broke about the program termination, though I have no idea where he saw that. No one claimed anything of the sort on twitter or on AT's website, hence why I asked if he had seen a statement somewhere else (e.g. AT's own forums).
You could try asking him, to clarify I said Ryan not any other Anandtech staff.
One of the times was trying to break the ice individually with OEM/partners on the subject at a particular tech event.

I don't believe anyone has to be biased either way to be able to see what a terrible article that is. Just an open mind and a modicum of sense.

I especially enjoyed the part where he states something like "the new AMD-only brands would quickly get the same traction as the currently existing brands, if AMD financed them".
I wonder if he thinks nvidia financed e.g. ROG's mouses + mousepads + keyboards + headsets + soundcards + monitors (some of them FreeSync) + routers + backpacks, and that AMD should also finance new lines of all of that for Asus, Gigabyte and MSI.

And yes, the article is all-around terrible and I regret giving it a click.

You could try asking him, to clarify I said Ryan not any other Anandtech staff.
Or you could just post where you saw Ryan's statement about them doing investigative journalism around GPP...

Back