NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

yeah, you're right. It's still a bummer tho.
Plus, a likely scenario is that this card showed in the vid is GTX360 and is going to be priced similarly to the HD 5870 and then I'm pretty screwed.

Big if there.
But let's say you have 3 months at two hours per day that's 180 hours of gaming sweetness for about $400.
Then Fermi comes out - let's say at $400 with 20-30% more perf - so 5870 drops 30% in price to compete so $280 buys you 380 perf when you xfire your 5870s. You'll end up paying $680 for better than 5970 performance...anyway, they're only toys.

Big if there.
But let's say you have 3 months at two hours per day that's 180 hours of gaming sweetness for about $400.
Then Fermi comes out - let's say at $400 with 20-30% more perf - so 5870 drops 30% in price to compete so $280 buys you 380 perf when you xfire your 5870s. You'll end up paying $680 for better than 5970 performance...anyway, they're only toys.
Good point ;)
I'll just try to enjoy my many many many gaming hours.

It all depends on how long you plan to keep the card for. If you upgrade often then it's no biggie, if you hold onto it for a while the wait could have been worth it.

In any case if these are indeed numbers from a stripped down Fermi, a fully stocked variant would be really impressive (assuming it exists).

I'm just wondering if the numbers from this Chinese site are correct.
The only number that caught my eye is 1.6*5870 in Crysis. now that would be impressive.

I'm keep reading this but can't seem to understand what you mean.
If you're talking about Fermi multiprocessors here (as in 2 SIMD blocks + LSUs and SFUs blocks) then there are certainly going to be more than 10 of them in a GF100 GeForce products. I'd say that chances of getting GF100-based products with less than 10 SMs are pretty slim.

Nah, he's just being sarcastic, given what others said about disabled units in the past :)

Anyway, if these numbers are true and the GTX 360 is ~20% faster than the HD 5870, then I guess the full blown GTX 380 will definitely be around 30% faster than the HD 5870, putting it very close of the HD 5970, performance wise.

yeah, you're right. It's still a bummer tho.
Plus, a likely scenario is that this card showed in the vid is GTX360 and is going to be priced similarly to the HD 5870 and then I'm pretty screwed.

I can see your point, performance wise. But price wise, if these numbers are true, I doubt that the GTX 360 will cost the same as the HD 5870. It will be more expensive. I would say $400-450 is a safe bet, for these performance numbers.

Anyway, if these numbers are true and the GTX 360 is ~20% faster than the HD 5870, then I guess the full blown GTX 380 will definitely be around 30% faster than the HD 5870, putting it very close of the HD 5970, performance wise.
In Far Cry 2? Yeah, maybe. But on average? And in DX11 titles?

I actually really liked the hair demo. I don't care that much about ray tracing, but I certainly thought the water was nice, but it would be better to see it with more motion. I mean it was getting 150fps so can't they throw some other stuff in there too.

http://translate.google.de/translat...diy/10903044.html&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8
High-end models will deploy the full array of 16 Cluster A total of 512 CUDA Core computing unit, to support 384-bit GDDR5 memory body structure, body has a memory capacity of 1.5GB. Although the Fermi core has adopted 40nm manufacturing process, provided that such cards power up to 250W to 300W, and called for PCI-E 6-pin + PCI-E 8-pin power supply. A second level model will take away the two Cluster group memory array and a body controller, which fell to 448 CUDA Core and 320-bit GDDR5, memory body with a total capacity of 1.28GB, power consumption is reduced to 225W, and only need two PCI-E 6-pin power supply.

In addition to these two single-core products, NVIDIA also has plans to launch limited edition GF 100 GX2 dual-core models, a unified by NVIDIA to get the manufacturers produce. Fermi built two core products, so that the total number of CUDA Core Up to 1024, and has amazing body 3GB memory capacity, built-in power body will amount to more than 6 billion, becoming the industry's most power within the body of the history, the most robust performance The display card products.

Easily beyond the HD 5870
GF 100 actual performance, highly concerned about the industry and users. Sources indicated that single-core version, with 448 CUDA Core of the GF 100 graphics card, 3D performance will easily exceed that same level opponents Ati Radeon HD 5870, in the mainstream games, such as: Crysis Warhead, Far Cry 2, HAWX, and Fallout 3, GF 100's performance of HD 5870, respectively 1.6 times, 1.2 times, 1.55 times and 1.2 times.

Back