NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

Why's it suddenly gone up the size of 200 Voodoo1s? I thought 3.0B was understood.

:D yep

It's just a shame they weren't planning on releasing it with Less™ though
Scratching head... I can't interpret this any other way than meaning it'll launch with either only half the clusters enabled, or the launched product actually won't be GF100 based but a lower end chip... Both ideas don't seem to make much sense to me...

Scratching head... I can't interpret this any other way than meaning it'll launch with either only half the clusters enabled, or the launched product actually won't be GF100 based but a lower end chip... Both ideas don't seem to make much sense to me...

The correct conclusion is neliz likes to promote chaos.

[muhwahahahaha]

I hope you're joking neliz.
I assume the implication is A3 can't hit 700 but needs to or the yields are so low it isn't manufacturable (seems more likely since they are showing hardware). Would suck.

Chaos or leak? Hmmm...

I hope you're joking neliz.
I assume the implication is A3 can't hit 700 but needs to or the yields are so low it isn't manufacturable (seems more likely since they are showing hardware). Would suck.

Chaos or leak? Hmmm...

As silent_guy often explained, a metal spin will not miraculously increase clocks. Yields seem to be a problem yes, but I'm not sure that is the cause for what neliz is saying, if it's true of course :)

What they can with metal respins is quite immaterial, they have had enough time to do a new tape out.

ATI changed nothing in the texture sampling of HD5870 in that regard. The base filter is still bilinear.
The hardware filter is bilinear ... I assume though the 4 "read address probes" per SIMD can all address the texture cache individually when you don't use the filter, could be wrong though. Have you measured the point sampled throughput?

Back