Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 Reviews

DLSS3 is an optional feature you get on top of these +80-100% performance boosts, and it's rather unlikely that any competitor will offer something similar over the market lifetime of Ada. So it's not exactly needed for Ada to be successful and you're hardly forced into using it. From this point of view the fact that it comes with a number of issues and limitations doesn't seem that important to me.

Like I've said before with you - yeah, I figured.

DLSS3 seriously breaks apart when she's crawling through the grass or is the game supposed to look like that? Sheesh!

I can't really see what you're focusing on, youtube compression isn't helping matters here. Don't really see anything that stands out, but the original had a stippled transparency effect when walking through grass so that may be it.

02e-UHD-Efficiency.png

03e-UHD-DLSS-Efficiency.png

02e-UHD-Efficiency.png

Quite impressive efficiency improvements. While we could imagine RTX4000 being fast, i never imagined these fantasy rumors to be actually true (timespy scores). It all seems generously overkill but that we all say early on, more performance is always great going forward.
For the mainstream we will be seeing power efficient GPUs (4060 etc) while delivering high performance for most people.

So AMD need to offer at bare minimum a 3x RT performance jump with RDNA3 vs RDNA2 to stay relevant in my opinion.

That's some pressure Nvidia have put them under.

It's not like it's unexpected. Again. Did AMD feel like putting in the effort this time to be ahead? Do they care enough? Do I care enough? heh

Looking for something nice, around....oh...$500 to replace the 1080 Ti. Maybe.

Surfing through reviews, the CPU limitation is quite obvious, but a lot of games are engine limited too, the engine simply refuses to go above certain level of fps .. GPUs have really come so far!

With the proper syncing going on DLSS 3 added latency is pretty unimportant to me subjectively. My review Shows how much it is quite well in a real game scenario. I think Most will Not notice it. NV Just needs a solution to VSync for it. I think they are working on it

Last edited:
Back