NVidia Ada Speculation, Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if DLSS 3 is exclusive to Ada and above? Maybe compatible with Ampere but lower performance due to lower Tensor Core performance?

I wonder if DLSS 3 is exclusive to Ada and above? Maybe compatible with Ampere but lower performance due to lower Tensor Core performance?

I suspect it will be available on Ampere since Ampere is supposed to remain a current GPU for them in the lowerend of the stack. DLSS3 would find it difficult to gain ntraction if its restricted to $900+ GPU's.

RacerX looks out of this worlds by the way. The Matrix Demo can hand over that crown now. Shame you have to re-mortgage your house to run it htough.

They're not gonna sell cards at those prices. I mean, its just beyond ridiculous. They're gonna have another Turing situation on their hands with these. 3090 has a 0.5% footprint on steam after more than 2 years. And they're launching an even more expensive card, in the current world climate ?

The prices are nuts but every indication they would be. With everyone sitting on a huge inventory of 3xxx cards there's no incentive for Nvidia to price these any other way. In effect this is pretty much a paper launch for the vast majority of consumers.

I suspect it will be available on Ampere since Ampere is supposed to remain a current GPU for them in the lowerend of the stack. DLSS3 would find it difficult to gain ntraction if its restricted to $900+ GPU's.

Doesn’t it use new optical flow hardware on Ada? I suspect it’s too slow to do In other ways for it to work well. It could just be DLSS2 + frame rate booster which doesn’t interact with the game and therefore shouldn’t require too many changes if any to the game.

I remember someone saying Intel Arc is dead due to 40x release this year.
I just thought, doesn't mean they release all the way down the stack. Turns out to be the case.

Be interesting how long it takes to get it down to the middle end of the stack.

May be proprietary tech but you can't downplay Nvidia's software R&D and what they produce.

As I understand it DLSS3 will use frame interpolation (similar to what you can see in SVP) and work with the Optic Flow SDK
And there is a block for acceleration starting from Turing and it works independently from the rest of the GPU

NVIDIA® GPUs, starting with the NVIDIA Turing™ generation, contain a hardware accelerator for computing optical flow and stereo disparity between frames (referred to as NVOFA in this document), which works independently of graphics/NVIDIA CUDA® cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back