NVidia Ada Speculation, Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the PCB quality control drama at Ampere launch? How much more fun will that be with 800w power requirements.

Potentially stupid question: in the past, were Titan cards built by NVidia, only?
Not always, there were AIB versions at least of the early ones (and for nitpickers, NVIDIA doesn't actually build any, they just use contract manufacturing. Not sure which company these days though)

So, based on those answers, I'm wondering whether a Titan Ada will be the first "full fat" GA102 card, followed later by a "Ti" with very similar spec and TDP, similar to how we saw with Pascal's Titan and 1080Ti:

in which case, worries about the quality of the on-card power supply should be diminished ("built by NVidia"). Whether 800W (which I don't believe) or 600W (which I still have a hard time believing).

I'm assuming that NVidia's going for the kill and will easily have the performance margin to keep Titan and Ti launches back for later months after the initial battle in Q4.

Like I said above, nope, not always. For example:
Some AIBs were selling Titan products but these were still "made by Nvidia", with a sticker from AIB slapped on them (as you've said it wasn't actually Nv who is making them but some contractor like PNY; same is true for FE cards now).

So, based on those answers, I'm wondering whether a Titan Ada will be the first "full fat" GA102 card, followed later by a "Ti" with very similar spec and TDP, similar to how we saw with Pascal's Titan and 1080Ti
I don't think this will be the case but I dunno, plans tend to change all the time.
Right now we're looking at 4090 (not a Titan) launching first, 4080 and 4070 coming a bit later.
This can then extend to a 4090Ti OR a Titan and 4080Ti - all based on AD102. But I doubt that these will launch soon.

Some AIBs were selling Titan products but these were still "made by Nvidia", with a sticker from AIB slapped on them (as you've said it wasn't actually Nv who is making them but some contractor like PNY; same is true for FE cards now).
Yeah, did a little more digging, they actually sidestepped NV rules by shipping reference card with that Windforce cooler bundled in the package. You had to switch the cooler yourself.

Videocardz don't know how to read Kopite7kimi tweet. PG137 is 800W TGP (total board power) not TDP. Right now, all AD102 SKUs are below 600W TDP, including the 48GB Quadro

Nvidia paper on power:
You are probably confusing board-related numbers and GPU-related numbers. VideoCardz maybe switched the abbreviations, but they are comparing the right numbers (800 W for RTX 4090 Ti/Titan, 450 W for RTX 4090 - both TGPs in Nvidia terminology).

You are probably confusing board-related numbers and GPU-related numbers. VideoCardz maybe switched the abbreviations, but they are comparing the right numbers (800 W for RTX 4090 Ti/Titan, 450 W for RTX 4090 - both TGPs in Nvidia terminology).
Nope. I was correct. They just changed their article.
I repeat, they are no AD102 board with 800W TDP (thermal design). They are no cooler in the market able to dissipate so much heat. Even a 4 slot solution can't do it...

Edit: attached image of the tweet where you can see Videocardz claiming an absurd 800W TDP

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220726-210419-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220726-210419-01.jpeg
    652 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
No. Kopite keep saying "max board power". He never said "max thermal design"
But I agree that people is confused and many believe that a monster board with 5 slot 3kg cooler is coming...
but they do, sooner or later . Maybe not with 5 slot or 3kg cooler but still ...

Last edited:
Nope. I was correct. They just changed their article.
I repeat, they are no AD102 board with 800W TDP (thermal design). They are no cooler in the market able to dissipate so much heat. Even a 4 slot solution can't do it...

Edit: attached image of the tweet where you can see Videocardz claiming an absurd 800W TDP
I don't understand, why this should be so important. Nvidia calls the official power values (e.g. 450 W for RTX 3090 Ti) TGP. The card is able to consume 450 W in real-world (gaming) load. It means that 450 W of heat have to be dissipated, so the difference between the card's TDP and TGP seems to be completely irrelevant. Maybe there are some lower power values in Nvidia's documentation, but those are probably related to GPU's (only) power consumption.

Finally, and the most important bit of this rumor, the Forum member states that NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 4090 will have a lower MSRP than the RTX 3090 Ti. The RTX 3090 Ti had an MSRP of $1999 US & the RTX 3090 had an MSRP of $1499 US. Note how the rumor doesn't state a lower MSRP than the standard RTX 3090 but the more expensive RTX 3090 Ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back