NV30- the fan will last how long, we must dust it how often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigus Dickus said:
Doomtrooper said:
my buddies Ti4400 states its the loudest fan in his case.

His Ti4400 can actually speak?!?! :eek: :eek:

Now that is an impressive card!

Naaa my intelivision used to talk to me. It would say , heavy flak, target is in range and that thing was made back in 81 hell i tihnk its actually older than I am

Bigus Dickus said:
His Ti4400 can actually speak?!?! :eek: :eek:

Now that is an impressive card!
Reminds me of a scene from the movie "Real Genius":
Kid to parent describing laser, "It's coherent light."
Parent to kid, "So that means it can talk?"

LOL!

P.S. Sorry if I totally botched the quote... it's been years since I've seen the movie.

OpenGL guy said:

LOL!

P.S. Sorry if I totally botched the quote... it's been years since I've seen the movie.

Lol, yeah, classic movie. That scene kinda reminds me of my parents. :D

Crusher said:
I don't have to crank anything up to be able to hear over those fans, and I even run with the side cover off of the case
Hmm. Had an Athlon with a Delta on it in our office. After four days went back to Scan and bought a quieter HSF. It was a very good move.

The loud fan on the gffx is not a design flaw. It's a feature.
So, with this fan, the experience is totalt, the card is fast at a jet and it sounds as a jet. It's to totally immerse the flight sim enthusiasts into flying a real plane.

I also found the text from the commercial:

" What is that? ...Is that a jet? It sure is just as fast! And it sure sounds like one! But, no! It's the new GFFX (c) from Nvidia! "

Øyvind

Nooo you remember those old sony comercials where the butler would put the tape in and the guy in the arm chair would be blown away. They can do something like that , the guy is sitting at his computer , puts in a new geforce fx. Then whoooooooosh when it starts up he starts to be blown away

Sharkfood said:
I have to say this quote about what an NVidia rep had to say about noise level has to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time concerning 3D hardware.

Maybe the delay in the Geforce FX is NVidia trying to get a deal with a company for bundling headphones with each new NV30 based product? :)

I thought the wording was pretty funny, too: "...was quick to add..." *chuckle* You can almost picture the guy poised to butt in with this canned remark as soon as the question comes up--like a trained monkey...;)

All nVidia's got to do is to contact the Navy and order a few thousand sets of those earplugs they dole out to sailors aboard battleships when they fire those shells the size of Volkswagen beatles in 20-mile trajectories.....;)

OpenGL guy said:

LOL!

"In the immortal words of Socrates, 'I drank what?'." 8)

Grall said:
Someone, please lock this thread up, or take it out back and shoot it...

*G*

LOL
I guess I am not helping in closing this thread am I? Oops.

I know, lets ban g__day, he is the one that started this thread.... yeah, that should do it. Make an example out of this g__day character!

:LOL:

I'm sure there is still a lot of life left in this thread. Just wait till the cards are actually released.

I'm sure we could get someone to take weekly pictures with a digital camera to show us what the dust build up is actually like, and then if the card does eventually die because of dust build up, well, I think there is just another 20 pages in that alone.

-Colourless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back