Not the best day I ever had.

Guden Oden

Legend
You guys know what sucks worse than having a falling picture frame (!) ruin your logitech surround system - by ramming the HD15 analog connector between the decoder and amp from above and bending all the pins to shit - and walking to a store, paying SKR3021 for a new Z-5450, CARRYING it for several hundred meters - it's huge and feckin' heavy - and taking it on a tram ride of some 15 mins, carriying it a couple hundred meters more, take it for a 20 min bus ride, carrying it a bunch more home, then stressing back downtown to go to a Star Trek meet but getting so tired from watching the motion (?) picture that you have to leave, go grab a burger instead of staying to watch the wrath of khan and the search for spock until 00:15 in the morning, grab a tram to the city center, miss the bus home by a few mins (and a quarter of an hour until the next), run after another tram that goes in the same direction but not all the way and miss it by 3 seconds only because you had to stop on the way and pick up the farking star trek con entrance card thingy that fell out of the pocket, waiting around some more for another tram, ride it for a while ONLY to see the next bus charge past you as the tram goes along the track and then accelerate off from the stop just as your tram rolls in, WALK home (~20 mins), unpack the surround system, dismantle the old system and tidy up dust and other stuff that had accumulated on/around it, hook up the new system (all of it taking almost 2 hours), and then throw the power switch in order to sit down and start enjoying sweet digital audio...?

Well, what would suck worse than that is actually doing all that, and then find out the damn thing isn't working.

The main unit doesn't freakin turn on. MEH! Only the wireless speakers sit there and glower at me with their red cyclops LED eye...

And yes, I have triple-checked everything, including all connections, the friggin fuse, and trying a different power cable. It's freakin DOA. :(

It seems to me the origin of all your problems and being tired and missing the buses is Star Trek. And your impatience.
You should consider changing faiths.. maybe you have angered the BSG gods or something.
;) Please don't go beserk on me.. I'm only kidding! Or am I!

Funny:

kids.gif

Sorry Guden, I really didn't mean to insult ya. I was trying to get you to smile.

I'm sorry your day sucked, I hope the morrow brings you better fortunes. :)

It fell because it was a crappy Ikea frame, and the clip holding the hanger to the frame detached when I managed to bop the frame lightly with the shaft of my vacuum cleaner (I was sucking up some dust that had got stuck on the wall from the waft of air coming out the back of my PC).

Cause you had a bad day, you're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know, you tell me don't lie
You work on a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day, the camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day... you had a bad day

Tomorrow will be better :smile2:

Your support is absolutely overwhelming...

Zzz. Time for me to hit the sack I think.

Sorry mate.. didn't mean to be so lacking in sensitivity.
A couple of days earlier I went to the local general hospital where I got clamped and had to pay £25 to get my car unclamped and at the same time lost a further £20 from my pocket.
Gotta laugh at life sometimes..

Back