Nintendo GOing Forward.

Miyamoto showed up at the Apple Keynote to announce a new Mario game.

Looks like it will let you play one-handed and allow you to "battle" other players by trying to collect more coins and mushrooms. Side scroller only and they haven't announced a price. Miyamoto emphasized you pay once only.

Will release on iOS first and then Android.

Miyamoto showed up at the Apple Keynote to announce a new Mario game.

Looks like it will let you play one-handed and allow you to "battle" other players by trying to collect more coins and mushrooms. Side scroller only and they haven't announced a price. Miyamoto emphasized you pay once only.

Will release on iOS first and then Android.

It's a runner type game. So the controls will be simplistic. Likely only a "jump" mechanic (tap screen), and that's it.

Regards,
SB

Miyamoto specifically mentioned you could play while in transit one-handed. This is huge in Japan where the commute often is cramped and long.

Where Sackboy goes, Mario follows.

run.sackboy-run.jpg

This is huge in Japan where the commute often is cramped and long.

This is also huge in japan where people are often pervs.
Also, when Myiamoto made that hand gesture to mimic someone holding a handlebar at the train, was I the only one who thought of...
Or am I just, huh, japanesy?

Looks like the Pokémon CEO has all but confirmed the NX will be a hybrid system. So that certainly supports Eurogamers rumored details. I still suspect think the chipset will be based around the Tegra Parker, and not the older X1. Anticipation for the NX reveal is getting crazy, with daily rumors that its any day now. Nintendo has built an unbelievable amount of anticipation for NX by simply being silent. Who knows, that could flop upon reveal, but gamers and the media alike are chomping at the bit to get the details. Price, launch lineup, and performance will determine just how successful NX ultimately is, but the fact that the 3DS still sells well even in 2016 tells me there is still a strong market for dedicated portables. The fact that it was able to outsell both the X1 and PS4 in July is pretty impressive. With Sony likely abandoning the portable market post Vita, the market is left to Nintendo. If Nintendo can pull mobile gamers in with their mobile games, and then successfully transition even a small percentage of them to NX, its creates the potential for mass market potential.

but the fact that the 3DS still sells well even in 2016 tells me there is still a strong market for dedicated portables. The fact that it was able to outsell both the X1 and PS4 in July is pretty impressive. With Sony likely abandoning the portable market post Vita, the market is left to Nintendo. If Nintendo can pull mobile gamers in with their mobile games, and then successfully transition even a small percentage of them to NX, its creates the potential for mass market potential.

You know what? That does sound sensible...

I don't think there is much anticipation at all. Maybe the few nintendo fan are on the edge of their seat but I think most people have forgotten the NX is even a thing.

I think that's unfair. These creations are clearly ripping Nintendo IP off. Of course it would be better if Nintendo made the titles official rather than shut them down... But they can't, because that's Nintendo IP on PC and it removes the need for a Nintendo console (which we all want them to do anyway!).

Back