Nintendo GOing Forward.

Or maybe they have their own Fitbit device.

Didn't they have some kind of health or exercise thing with the Wii? So now the kiddies can have their steps and Happy Meals tracked.

Or maybe they have their own Fitbit device.

Didn't they have some kind of health or exercise thing with the Wii? So now the kiddies can have their steps and Happy Meals tracked.

They had a heart rate monitor that was going to be used with some survival horror games but it was ultimately scraped.

It's another microtransactions-laden cashgrab which apparantly recycles a lot of the game from the game devs' previous title, Ingress, and similarly to Miitomo seems rather light on the gameplay and heavy on the cashgrab.

I am totally not impressed, and if Nintendo keeps this BS up they're going to fuck their reputation permanently.

The game isn't that bad. Walking around and capturing pokemon is fun. They need to fix some mechanics however. I have a few gyms near me and they are all way higher level than I am. So I have pokemon around CP 70 and the gyms have 300+ CP pokemon so I can't win. Thus any chance for me to progress is gone.

The game isn't that bad. Walking around and capturing pokemon is fun. They need to fix some mechanics however. I have a few gyms near me and they are all way higher level than I am. So I have pokemon around CP 70 and the gyms have 300+ CP pokemon so I can't win. Thus any chance for me to progress is gone.

Surely that's where Micro transactions could neatly fit, slowly raise the bar so new players start to pay more and it spreads, kind of like a pyramid scheme.

I've never played it but always assumed that was the game plan for these mobile games early adopters can play for free with no need for paid content, as the popularity grows so does the need to pay given others in game progress, once you have a viable market the mechanics start to turn against newer players who feel compelled to spend to be competitive because thoes million other downloaders cannot be wrong.

Perhaps I am a twisted old cynical sod but that's how I would design it ;)

For how long though? The thing is, like Miitomo, there isn't much actual game in this "game". There's surface, but little to no depth.

There is more game that mitomo and like past Pokémon they can flesh things out more. I think using your local area of a few miles perhaps to create a pokemon single player type game where you vist local points of interest to fight at gyms and work your way up would be a smart addition. Also creating small groups of friends to trade and play with could be fun. They can also allow you to battle against others

Surely that's where Micro transactions could neatly fit, slowly raise the bar so new players start to pay more and it spreads, kind of like a pyramid scheme.

I've never played it but always assumed that was the game plan for these mobile games early adopters can play for free with no need for paid content, as the popularity grows so does the need to pay given others in game progress, once you have a viable market the mechanics start to turn against newer players who feel compelled to spend to be competitive because thoes million other downloaders cannot be wrong.

Perhaps I am a twisted old cynical sod but that's how I would design it ;)

Maybe. But that's the world of mobile games tbh

Estimated $1.6 million a day already.

yup. My gf and I went for a jog and everyone had their phones out playing. I mean everyone there was a group of ladies in front of the post office had to be in their 70s. We stopped for a moment to get items from the pokestop. The ladies said to us if your playing pokemon hold on we are putting a pokemodule in so stay and collect pokemon. So we did and by the time we left (the module lasted an hour) there were a good 15 people standing there talking and catching pokemon.

This thing is going to continue to be huge for a few weeks an slowly tapper off unless there is more game. Like I said you can't compete against the hard core. A gym in my town has a 900cp pokemon my highest is 300 and I've been playing every day and use it during my jogs and walks and have had about 5 or 6 eggs going at any time

yup. My gf and I went for a jog and everyone had their phones out playing. I mean everyone there was a group of ladies in front of the post office had to be in their 70s. We stopped for a moment to get items from the pokestop. The ladies said to us if your playing pokemon hold on we are putting a pokemodule in so stay and collect pokemon. So we did and by the time we left (the module lasted an hour) there were a good 15 people standing there talking and catching pokemon.

This thing is going to continue to be huge for a few weeks an slowly tapper off unless there is more game. Like I said you can't compete against the hard core. A gym in my town has a 900cp pokemon my highest is 300 and I've been playing every day and use it during my jogs and walks and have had about 5 or 6 eggs going at any time
So don't be competitive. Just enjoy having an extra excuse for going out.

Curious social experiment. Some folks have reportedly already been injured or even robbed since release.

People have died for selfies. Guess we'll see how this goes. o_O Darwin Awards, Evolution! :runaway::runaway::runaway:

Injured, how? I shouldn't laugh, I know, but I'm grinning to myself imagining people staring at their cell phones whilst blundering into barbed wire fences and off ledges and whatnot. :p

Damn, people are stupid. Why can't they keep an eye on where they're going?

I've seen my share of youtube vids of people looking at their phones as they walk and falling into water. I mean, some of them might be staged, but a few likely aren't, considering how damn shocked the people were once fished out of the fountain or wherever they ended up (one went over the edge of a harbor pier IIRC lol... Bye bye phone. :LOL:)

Bristol cycle paths are already bad enough for idiots meandering along and not paying attention. I really don't want to slaloming through Pokemon trainers. :)

Back