Nintendo 3DS business/general talk *spin-off feat. 3DS as a P.I. in New Orleans

3DS Slide Pad Attachment:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/13/3ds_slide_pad_announced/

Nintendo didn't mention its 3DS Slide Pad Expansion peripheral at today's press conference. But it did post official details at its hardware page today.

The Nintendo 3DS Expansion Slide Pad will be released on December 10, opposite Monster Hunter 3G. Pricing is set at ¥1,500.

The Slide Pad requires one AAA battery to run. Nintendo is including one battery with the device.

The device will only work with compatible titles. The current list of compatibility includes Monster Hunter 3G, Resident Evil Revelations, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble, Dynasty Warriors VS and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Nintendo Shares Upcoming Release Schedule:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/13/nintendo_new_dates/

Here's what the schedule looks like:

For 3DS:

Super Mario 3D Land: November 3
New Love Plus: December 8
Monster Hunter 3G: December 10
Mario Kart 7: December 1
Tekken 3D Prime Edition: Winter
Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble: Winter
Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater: Winter
Girl's RPG: 2011
Kid Icarus Uprising: Q1 2012
Resident Evil Revelations: Early 2012
Animal Crossing: 2012
Mario Tennis: 2012
Paper Mario: 2012
Luigi's Mansion 2: 2012
Mario & Sonic at London Olympics: 2012

For Wii:

Zelda Skyward Sword: October 27
Hoshi no Kirby Wii: October 27
PokePark 2: Winter 2012
Taiko Drum Master Kettei-ban: November 23
Mario & Sonic at London Olympics: December 8

Major New Titles Announced for 3DS:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/13/new_3ds_titles/

Today's 3DS press conference saw some major announcements for the system. The biggest title of the bunch was, of course, Monster Hunter 4, but Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata also provided first details on a number of other games, including series titles and original games.

Here's a rundown:

Fire Emblem
An all new entry in the classic Nintendo strategy series. For the first time, the game will have cooperative play. A release is set for 2012.

Shinrei Camera
This Tecmo Koei title from the makers of Fatal Frame was announced a couple of weeks back. No release date was announced today.

Culdcept
Nintendo will be publishing a 3DS entry in the popular strategy series. Omiya Soft is working on the game. A release is set for 2012.

Culchopit
A soccer-themed simulation game from Parity Bit's Hiroyuki Sonobe. Due for release in 2012.

Hatsune Miku Project Mirai
A 3DS rhythm game from Sega based off the Hatsune Miku franchise. Unlike the PSP titles, this will feature big-headed "Nendoroid" style characters. It will also have AR dance performances. A release is set for March 2012.

SD Gundam G Generation 3D
This was revealed back at the announcement of the new Level-5 developed Gundam New Age franchise, as it will be one of the first titles to have units from New Age. The platform was never announced, but today Nintendo revealed it to be 3DS. A release is set for December 22, with pricing at ¥6,090.

Dynasty Warriors VS
This new entry in Tecmo Koei's Dynasty Warriors series has four player competitive play. Release set for 2012.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
A new Square Enix RPG that's due in 2012. This will have Akihiko Yoshida characters. It's meant to be like an old-school RPG, but will also have AR features.

Friend Collection
A 3DS version of one of the biggest Japan-only DS titles.

andriasang.com has more detailed descriptions of each title.

So the public reaction of Famicom's story on the slide pad was so bad that Nintendo decided to "hide" it during the presentation.

They need a hardware revision on that handheld, fast..

The slider pad looks like a mini bathtub for 3DS. :)

The game announcements look solid though. I think Nintendo fans would be pleased. The other folks are still harping about iOS/Android vs Nintendo. I think they see more competition between casual games and some of the Nintendo family and "personal development" titles.

I have some serious buyers remorse...I mean wtf is that...seriously? So, either no one in product development thought about the initial design,or of course, this secondary device has come out so fast maybe they did but that is seriously both ugly and makes the 3DS look unwieldy. The only thing that it looks to do well is make the 3DS more comfortable to hold. It is also a damn shame that the most played games in our household happen to be the NES games we got from the ambassador program... Having just gone over the details of the Vita and looking at the all-in prices, handheld gaming is clearly not for me.

I'm so done with Nintendo at this point.

They botched the 3DS so badly that I have basically given up on them as a company. That's the last time they get money from me.

3DS Firmware Update in November 2011 to Feature 3D Video and Updated Mii Plaza:
http://www.wiinintendo.net/2011/09/...11-to-feature-3d-video-and-updated-mii-plaza/

Nintendo 3DS Update Coming to Europe November 4
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28134

Nintendo of Europe announced today during an event in Munich that the highly anticipated Nintendo 3DS update will be available to download on November 4.

A new StreetPass game, previously teased during September's Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011, will be included in the update, though details surrounding this game are unknown.

The update will also include 3D video recording, improvements to the StreetPass Mii Plaza and Nintendo eShop.

Is Nintendo planning on selling DS or 3DS game via their eShop ? I want to upgrade my SD Card to 32GB or 64GB, and have the games all on there, so much easier than changing catridges.

http://andriasang.com/comype/

Nikkei has shared a few details on Nintendo's promised video capture support for 3DS.

According to the paper, video support will be added to the system in late November. Users will be able to take up to 10 minutes of 3D video, allowing them the added enjoyment of uploading videos to external video sites like YouTube.

Regarding the Friday night presentation, Nintendo has said that topics include the system's November firmware update and Mario Kart 7's wireless play support.

If you have a 3D capable monitor. It can also do red/cyan if you go old-school (I have a pair sitting here for previewing 3D images that I create, as I don't have a 3D-capable monitor).

Nintendo Planning Micro Payment System For 3DS
http://andriasang.com/comysv/

Kyodo News reports that CEO Satoru Iwata did touch upon a payment system during his presentation. The November update will include functionality for the payment system, which will allow players to purchase things like new stages following a game's release.

Nintendo plans on releasing software with paid content some time in 2012.

Demos and Download Content Coming to 3DS in November
http://andriasang.com/comysr/

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata outlined some of the company's upcoming plans for the 3DS e-Shop during an earnings presentation today. The e-Shop will be updated with a number of new features at the end of November.

Developers will be able to use the e-Shop for post release expansion content. Iwata said that this is something that developers have been looking forward to.

e-Shop will also offer demos, with developers being able to set limitations on the number of plays. Nintendo hopes that the availability of demos, combined with the current user review system, which only allows those who've played a game for at least an hour to post a review, will help expose players to new games.

Nintendo will be upping the usability of the e-Shop. Downloads can progress while the 3DS is in sleep mode, for instance.

Although not planned for the November update, the e-Shop will eventually be made accessible via the web, allowing players to access the shop via PCs and smartphones. This is being done so that word can spread about games through social media, for instance.

Has there been any updates on sales?

Initially after the price cut, there was reportedly a spike but has the increase been sustained?

Have any big games been released yet to help hardware sales or is that going to be over the next 2 months?

Back