Ninja Gaiden 2

Well, he does say "first party franchises," and on that list it seems the only ones that rank around the same or higher (way higher, in GT's case) are GT, SOCOM, and--if you want to count it--Eye Toy: Play. (It was the initial pack-in, and none of the other Eye Toy titles show up on the list as support.)

It's not to say they don't give their all to promote all the second- and third-party titles that have traditionally been exclusive and remain so (even if just timed, nowadays), but it behooves them to push to a higher "ratio"--if you will--their first-party titles.

You're right, but he then names several 3rd party exclusives (MGS, FF13) which I guess led to my confusion.

I think he was just comparing them to say that even though those sell a lot more and get a lot of attention, Sony would ramp up press coverage/releases of GoW to be in line with those others due to it being one of their better selling and "visible presence" first parties.

Of course he may have meant no such thing, and I'm just providing him with easy excuses. ;)

a video of the TGS gameplay demo being played by itagaki is on marketplace. it's 700 MB.

downloading now.

oh and it's definitely 60 fps if it's ninja gaiden.

So 60fps confirmed? (NG newb here... well, I did love the old Nintendo ones haha). I will take that into consideration when I go, "Waaa! The shadows! Boohoo!"

I am glad to see that they are not bowing down to the censors.

I swear, when I saw the first screenshot your name burst to mind.

XBL is going really slow for me, I've been downloading for 3 hours and it's still not done. was going fast for the first 5 minutes though.

I heard that the video is at 30 fps, I haven't seen it yet. it's supposed to be early in some parts like the shadows and the blood.

Wow, I've seen the video, it's direct feed,(not off screen!) 720p-ish (has some small black borders for some reason, but other than that 720p).. Oh and it's like 10 minutes long..(of gameplay..15 minutes overall)

So, impressions? It starts pretty pedestrian, looks like a higher res Gaiden Xbox. BUT, with about 4 minutes to go the vid gets more and more awesome, till my jaw was pretty much dropping. It starts pushing a bunch of fire and blurring effects during an arena battle with several man-sized enemies, then the two huge gargoylish bosses from the screen shots come along, and this battle is even more awesome, and here we're just getting tons of amazing trippy effects along with these huge skeletaly animated enemies clobbering ryu, and finally, you come along to an even huger boss right at the end of course, and the scene cuts off with you about to face this monster as a cliffhanger.

By this time I was pretty much saying "wow". It's pretty amazing.

The game pushes a very spartan graphical style..all the impressiveness is in the effects, and sheer size of the boss enemies, as well as some cool animation.

Super cool of MS to release this first on live, as the super high qaulity makes it extra impressive.

I am sure Blim will have it up soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game pushes a very spartan graphical style..all the impressiveness is in the effects, and sheer size of the boss enemies, as well as some cool animation.

Sounds a lot like the design of Lost Planet. Which I am a fan of... love those explosions.

The graphics do look good, especially the enemy animations and the textures. the enemies have a lot of animations for reacting to what you do and act different the different they get hit. I also really like how the blood stays on the blades, even on those foot claws. you can also change your weapons and ranged weapons with the d-pad. they really need to release a 60 fps video, or better yet a demo.

The graphics do look good, especially the enemy animations and the textures. the enemies have a lot of animations for reacting to what you do and act different the different they get hit. I also really like how the blood stays on the blades, even on those foot claws. you can also change your weapons and ranged weapons with the d-pad. they really need to release a 60 fps video, or better yet a demo.

Best thing is that it is a year off

Game looks great, even this early.
Rock solid and incredibly gratifying action, blazingly fast, excellent sound and music..

This games going to be a monster title for 08.

seems like NG games don't sell very well despite them being good. maybe it doesn't appeal to the casual market at all because of the difficulty?

seems like NG games don't sell very well despite them being good. maybe it doesn't appeal to the casual market at all because of the difficulty?

I'm not sure, has that genre has ever been a huge seller? I'll pick up one of those action games every few years and after that they all seem about the same to me.

Back