Ninja Gaiden 2

Not too impressive.

Team Ninja seems to have tapped out. They could do amazing games on the Xbox, but cant seem to improve the visuals much this gen. Maybe it has something to do with the particular style they have.

Not too impressive.

Team Ninja seems to have tapped out. They could do amazing games on the Xbox, but cant seem to improve the visuals much this gen. Maybe it has something to do with the particular style they have.

It does look like NGS to be honest but that's not necessarily a bad thing in my view..

I'm suprised they seem to have gone mad with the gore which comes off a little "sadistic" but i'm sure it'll provide that "dirty/guitly" feeling of pleasure/satisfaction gained from whipping off arms and legs in similar games like GOW..

Overall though I'm just excited to finally have NG2 on the horizon. Give me a concrete release date, a whole host of new gameplay features (singleplayer & maybe some multiplayer..) and frankly I couldn't care less if they even decided to stay with the same engine they used for the last game.. :D

Looking forward to hearing more info on this!! :D

Not too impressive.

*looks at DOA4 CGIs*

Hell no! They have a lot of room for improvement before they hit ceiling with what they could do with their artstyle.

I wonder if enemies with their limbs cut off could still be alive but animate differently - that would be cool. Although looking at blood fountains it seems hardly possible.

I sacrifice my photobucket for you (posted this set at another forum so it may not last).

NG2_1.png

NG2_2.png

NG2_3.png

NG2_4.png

NG2_5.png

NG2_6.png

It does look a lot like Sigma outside of the massive gore. Though I guess that is not going to be really surprising to anyone.

I wish they went for a more artistic styling for the blood. In it's current form it's a little too much on the morbid side and not really to my taste.

Awesome, finally a game with the ability to chop off limbs...
It will defiantly be censored in some regions though (like the decapitations in NG1 in Australia)

:| Colour me underwhelmed. HOWEVER, it's probably a long way off; I have no trouble believing that they could be using some of the Sigma assets as placeholder. We also have yet to see it in motion. If they can get the fluidity of movement like CoD4 or KZ2, it would be a win for me.

:| Colour me underwhelmed. HOWEVER, it's probably a long way off; I have no trouble believing that they could be using some of the Sigma assets as placeholder. We also have yet to see it in motion. If they can get the fluidity of movement like CoD4 or KZ2, it would be a win for me.

:oops::oops:

Whaaaaaaaah!?!?

No no no no!!

They NEED to keep the same fluidity & anime-style motion from NG & the DOA series..

Anyway's I'm pretty confident that this area is DEFINITELY not going to be a problem for team ninja to be honest..

They NEED to keep the same fluidity & anime-style motion from NG & the DOA series..

Anyway's I'm pretty confident that this area is DEFINITELY not going to be a problem for team ninja to be honest..

Agreed. Screenshots of Ninja Gaiden on XBOX didn't do the game justice either.

Cheers

You want it just the same? The animation from the first game was good, but nowhere stunning. I'd like to see more subtle animations in the movements to make it feel like he's more real. :| Or rather, take MGS4 as a benchmark for character animation instead of CoD4. Subtle animations...

You want it just the same? The animation from the first game was good, but nowhere stunning. I'd like to see more subtle animations in the movements to make it feel like he's more real. :| Or rather, take MGS4 as a benchmark for character animation instead of CoD4. Subtle animations...

Have you played NG?

The animations in the original game were snappy/responsive AND fluid.. Beautifully capturing the essence of what the series is (an extension to the DOA franchise essentially..)

I don't want more "lifelike" animations.. I want more DMC & anime style over-the-top animations which emphasize "coolness" over "realism"..

Not massively impressed, but I'm confident it will be a good game. The cityscape view makes me wonder what sort of environments we will get to play in. The gore really needs to be seen in action, it may be quite stylistic, think Kill Bill.

We don't even know the release date, so I think comparing screenshots is a bit premature.

Have you played NG?

Yes... I have both.

The animations in the original game were snappy/responsive AND fluid.. Beautifully capturing the essence of what the series is (an extension to the DOA franchise essentially..)

I don't want more "lifelike" animations.. I want more DMC & anime style over-the-top animations which emphasize "coolness" over "realism"..
They look stiff to me despite having nice transitions. They could do better with the running or turning animations.

Is it cool to have the same running animations on slopes :?: You seem to be overreacting.

Yes... I have both.

They look stiff to me despite having nice transitions. They could do better with the running or turning animations.

Is it cool to have the same running animations on slopes :?: You seem to be overreacting.

No offense but dude! it was an XBOX game..!

& i'm sure you'll agree that the animations in NG1 were FAR from the games' weakest elements..

So at the very least taking NG1's animations into NG2 will STILL be better than what Bungie did taking Halo 2's animatons into Halo 3 for example..

Back