Ninja Gaiden 2

Published by Microsoft

That would be very interesting.
I don't recall any game being published by another company when the parent company of the developer is already a publisher.

EDIT:
1up Preview said:
As Microsoft is set to announce at a pre-Tokyo Game Show press event shortly, Ninja Gaiden 2 is real, heading to Xbox 360, and -- in an unusual twist -- being published by Microsoft itself, rather than Tecmo.
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3162734

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good but not neary as good as the cocky Itagaki was claiming.

Agreed.
It seems though that it's early in development to tell. Some of the animation, (I know it's difficult to understand from SS) seem to be the same with Sigma.
What I want to see is gameplay. Games like NG shine through that.

Game is looking better now with some of the new shots. Obviously Itagaki went on a gore kick for some reason. It'll probably be a popular design choice.

9:59 - Itagaki continues, 'When we were creating the original NG for the Xbox, we used all of our power to use the hardware to its fullest, to extract every drop of power from that hardware. As a result, we weren't able to implement every feature we wanted to. As I look back, there were maybe 10 or 20 features we weren't able to implement. Now we're able to present nG2 on xbos 360 next gen hardware. What this means is we're able to implement features that we couldn't do before. As you can imagine, there's no greater thrill for a developer. Please enjoy the world's best action game running on the world's most powerful machine, Xbox 360.'
:oops::eek::LOL:

So I guess this can officially be added to the 08 MS published lineup as well, which is now getting pretty full.

BTW I think one of the features Itagaki couldn't implement in NG1 was apparantly "tons of blood" LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess this can officially be added to the 08 MS published lineup as well, which is now getting pretty full.

And how..
I totally didn't expect NG2 to be locked down (due to it not being a huge unit/system seller).
But I guess MS values having the best pure action game again this gen.

And how..
I totally didn't expect NG2 to be locked down (due to it not being a huge unit/system seller).

Probably due to poor marketing and hype on Tecmo's part.. The game itself was flawless..

Hence the reason MS are stepping in to front the big marketing bucks for the sequel.. It's only natural that a game of such critical success WILL generate awesome sales with the right marketing push behind it..

Two things strike me as odd, Itagaki was so incredibly bullish and proud over the graphics of his "Next project" before these images came out, saying that the game would be so good in every way that other devs would loose their will to work basically.

And these screens strike me as "bland", Another thing is that i was under the perception that Team Ninja was pretty much in controll of their products and projects so that they can release on the hardware on their choice, and i know Itagaki was very excited about the PS3.

It's so hard to judge from screens these days, though. Footage will tell more. I'm certain we'll get at least shakycam.

And I think Itagaki wasn't necessarily talking about just graphics when he said that about other devs losing will.

Personally I wasn't expecting a huge leap though it woulda been nice..as it stands it looks nice, though.

And these screens strike me as "bland", Another thing is that i was under the perception that Team Ninja was pretty much in controll of their products and projects so that they can release on the hardware on their choice, and i know Itagaki was very excited about the PS3.

Huh? :???:

Last time I checked Itagaki was slating the PS3 something rotten..?

Care to provide a link/ref?

I don't think Itagaki's said anything like that regarding the PS3 (unless it was at some point before the launch of any of this gen's machines, when they were really only talking about specs). At the beginning of the year, his comments were decidedly neutral/non-committal.

I DO, however, feel sad for his daughter, if she's been playing DOAX since she was five and uses those girls as role models. :p

Well, mid-range to high-end PCs certainly are more powerful now, but he won't make a game for PCs.;)

I'm happy that IGN editor stated that it's the best action game he has ever seen. That's certainly promising after first showing.

Back