Ninja Gaiden 2

Take the animation from the CG movies as a benchmark. That's more what I want to see. (Please disregard the comment on CoD4/KZ2. I wasn't expressing the notion properly.)

For a third-person, close-combat action heavy title, I would expect the animation to be far better than an FPS...

Take the animation from the CG movies as a benchmark. That's more what I want to see. (Please disregard the comment on CoD4/KZ2. I wasn't expressing the notion properly.)

For a third-person, action heavy title, I would expect the animation to be far better than an FPS...

Oh sure! In terms of quality and fluidity I agree that it would be great..

I'm sure we don't have anything to worry about in this area especially since TN have proved that they know what they're doing on many occasion..

I say bring it on! :D

Right, and my original comment was in the context that what they're showing now isn't that impressive technically in the screenshot and doesn't look to be pushing the 360 hardware in any way. And one way that they could be doing so is through physics and animation.

Like I said before, it's still early. It seems the xbox.jp webpage is down now too.. Hm...

edit number infinity billion:

NG2_5.png

With all the body parts flying around in the other screenshots, this character seems rather appropriate somehow. ;)

Right, and my original comment was in the context that what they're showing now isn't that impressive technically in the screenshot and doesn't look to be pushing the 360 hardware in any way. And one way that they could be doing so is through physics and animation.

Like I said before, it's still early. It seems the xbox.jp webpage is down now too.. Hm...

edit number infinity billion:

NG2_5.png

With all the body parts flying around in the other screenshots, this character seems rather appropriate somehow. ;)

I c.. Agreed..

Why release this stuff before their TGS conference.

This is the sort of news would surely have been held back.

Could it be going multi platform?

Edit: Just like to point out that this isn't wishful thinking as I don't like any of his games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never played a Ninja Gaiden game so I'm not hyped up about it, but it doesn't look bad. Thanks for sharing, Titanio.

I remember Itagaki saying he didn't want to show the new NG game because other developers would feel envious of him....

There is also a mysterious countdown in xbox.com related to a "Brutally Fun" game and at first I thought it was NG2 but this thread dispel my doubts.

Looks like some kind of creepy or spectral game. Well, here ya go:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/brutallyfun.htm

5 hours and 10 minutes....

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if the game actuallyl looked like that on screen it would be a pretty gorgous game.

That's the thing about Team Ninja screens, they send out so many bullshots, it's hard to judge what the GFX will actually look like.

Somewhat dissapointing though, hopefully we get some direct feed 720 action later today, or on Live, so we can see this in motion.

That's a whole lotta killin!

In the claws pic check out the mini claws on his feet. That could make for some fun.

Could it be going multi platform?
If it WERE it would go a ways towards explaining the similarities.

Of course what ALSO might explain it is if they're going the whole 1080p/solid-60fps route on the 360 as well, which would kick the visuals down some, but would certainly be a tier no other AAA 360 title is comfortable with. Deliver that with smoother combat, animations, and some kickass physics, and it would be quite kickin' indeed.

If it WERE it would go a ways towards explaining the similarities.

Of course what ALSO might explain it is if they're going the whole 1080p/solid-60fps route on the 360 as well, which would kick the visuals down some, but would certainly be a tier no other AAA 360 title is comfortable with. Deliver that with smoother combat, animations, and some kickass physics, and it would be quite kickin' indeed.

Indeed. If their target model complexity or even pixel shading isn't that great of a leap, the extra vertex processing penalty with predicated tiling and the larger pixel shading load shouldn't be as bad at 1080p.

On a side note... I wonder if they're doing a special mapping technique to make those spines on the multi-limbed creature there...

Sigma was a PS3 game, yes it was based on the original but everything graphics wise was reworked.

Also, until we see it in motion is hard to tell. IMO. It still looks very very nice, but well promo shots...

That's a whole lotta killin!

In the claws pic check out the mini claws on his feet. That could make for some fun.

Yeah, they look like pretty kick-ass shoes :)

I'm gonna have to play sigma..I was set on picking it up after the demo, but somehow let it slip by. I'll play it before 2 arrives.

SIGMAïsh...Not that it is a bad thing, but I expected more...Maybe the secret sauce is in fully destructible environnements and super-fluid animations. Blood is great ! :devilish:

Back