Nine (new?) PS3 exclusives to be announced at TGS

Finally get to sit down to look at the videos here one after another. Video #4 contains specific examples on how third parties intend to integrate with Home. Too bad I don't understand all of it :)

Also found some exclusives for PS3...

* Quantum Theory from Tecmo
[gt]41082[/gt]

* Nobi Nobi Boy
http://gamersyde.com/stream_5146_en.html

* Yakuza 3 and White Knight Stories already have their own threads. So I'll just leave 'em alone.

EDIT: Missed out Demon Soul...
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8917_en.html

well I'm very underwhelmed with quantum theory. Looks like a japanese GOW clone. what ps3 needs is a 1080p doa beach volleyball game. lol. seriously though it'd probably do well.

I have DOA Beachball (or whatever its called) as well as the fighting game. I am pretty sure (or at least I am hoping) after Heavy Rain, we will see more 8^O... juicy and realistic games.

Um, it's already the second day of TGS. Where are the 9 announcements?

Looks like Sony didn't show up at TGS.

Check the page mentioned above. That's it. There's been a lot of misapprehension here; no one said these would be 9 retail games, no one even said that these would be games no one had seen before.

Giant Bombcast mentioned a tetris like game that used physics and had you turn all sorts of objects into garbage by throwing them at each other ... (like violins, toilets, and as bosses trucks and a playground slide) ... the buzz about it seemed good. Anyone know anything more about it, videos maybe? It's a PSN game apparently.

Giant Bombcast mentioned a tetris like game that used physics and had you turn all sorts of objects into garbage by throwing them at each other ... (like violins, toilets, and as bosses trucks and a playground slide) ... the buzz about it seemed good. Anyone know anything more about it, videos maybe? It's a PSN game apparently.

Ya I was at TGS today and saw it. It was called Gomi Bako. Which means garbage can. It was in the PSN games section of the Sony booth along with Flower.

I didn't get to play many games because there was an insane number of people. I did play the newly announced Demon Soul game. As it stands now it is pretty rough and does not show well at all. But it has some promise I guess. It plays kind of like those Gothic games on PC.

I attended a White Knight Story live demo of the online component. I was not impressed. The trailers and media of the SP game look stunning. But what I saw of MP was really disappointing. It 's possible that it is still fun to play. But it was just so boring to watch.

The most impressive game I saw today was Resistance2 believe it or not. That game really impressed me. Visually nothing else at the show came close to the level of "wow" for me. Even when I was literally comparing it side by side with a booth playing Killzone 2.

Oh and I was very happy to see that the JP version of Resistance2 is not censored and has blood in the game! Unlike Resistance1. At least if the full game is like the demo.

The new Prince of Persia was playable at the Microsoft booth. It looks really good. The unique visual style makes it stand out of the crowd. Of course I should not forget to mention the usual - RE5, Bionic Commando, Mirrors Edge - All looked amazing. And Little Big Planet is still game of the year for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most impressive game I saw today was Resistance2 believe it or not. That game really impressed me. Visually nothing else at the show came close to the level of "wow" for me. Even when I was literally comparing it side by side with a booth playing Killzone 2.

Viva SPU Shaders !

... and all the people behind the game.

I saw the website but didn't know what it was. The media may have missed out a few things in TGS. I'm hoping they catch up with the news next week.

Have all the announcements that were going to be made at TGS been made at TGS already? Do we know the tally for the 1st party/unreleased/unseen stuff?

They really needed a keynote of some sort...

Have all the announcements that were going to be made at TGS been made at TGS already? Do we know the tally for the 1st party/unreleased/unseen stuff?

They really needed a keynote of some sort...

is this what you are looking for?

SCEJ
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III
Little Big Planet
Socom: Confrontation
Resistance 2
Derby Time Online
Motorstorm 2
White Knight Chronicles
Killzone 2
Demon's Souls
Wipeout HD
Mr. Pain
Dress
Flower (working title)
Rag Doll Kung Fu
Gomibako -Garbage Can-
Mainichi Issyo
Xam'd - Forgotten Memories (Anime)
Home

Third Party
Spelunker (IREM)
Guitar Hero 3 (Activision)
FIFA 09 World Class Soccer (EA)
Street Fighter IV (Capcom)
Bionic Commando (Capcom)
Lumines Super Nova (Q Entertainment)
Dynasty Warrior 5 Empires (Koei)
Metal Gear Online
World Soccer Winning Eleven 2009 (Konami)
Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy versus XIII (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete (Square Enix)
Samurai 3 (Spike)
Sonic World Adventure (Sega)
Ryu ga Gotoku 3 (Sega)
Fallout 3 (Zenimax Asia)
WWE 2009 SmackDown vs RAW (THQ Japan)
Quantum Theory - Working Title (Tecmo)
Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco)
Naruto -Nultimate Storm- (Bandai Namco)
Nobinobi Boy (Bandai Namco)

http://www.jp.playstation.com/tgs2008/tgstv/index.html

FFVII Advent Children Complete isn't even a game, though. Yoshida said that there were still unannounced games, too, though with SCEJ's output I'm guessing that this is pretty much it.

TapIn's text list includes video titles like Xam'd and FFVII Advent Children, but is missing all the PSP games. The list in http://www.jp.playstation.com/tgs2008/tgstv/index.html contains the highlights. Some have already been announced before.

There are still missing details from the conference. For example, the 4th video in http://www.jp.playstation.com/tgs2008/tgstv/index.html talks briefly about what the 24 companies will release in Home, but it is not translated yet. They also talked about the ad hoc gaming infrastructure for Japan PSP. I am not sure if there are new details there.

Back