Nine (new?) PS3 exclusives to be announced at TGS

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
According to Edge Online (quoting someone else translating a Sony press release), Sony will be showing 32 listed titles with 17 PS3 titles, and 14 unlisted titles, inluding 9 PS3 1st party titles, and two unannounced 3rd party titles (exclusivity not mentioned), with 3 1st party PSP titles.

White Knight Chronicles isn't listed whcih is a likely candidate, although that's not first party. Is the translation accurate, or are the only meaning Sony published, not in-house, titles?

There's always room for manoeuvre (God, I always have trouble writing that word), with regards to exclusivity etc.

My personal interest is in whether the games are "full" launches or small PSN only titles.

WKC is a 1st party title much like Resistance is a 1st party.

I don't expect much from Sony in TGS. At Leipzig Reeves talk about 11 new announcements. Most of them are disappointments. I don't see why it should repeat.

9 is a whole lot, especially since for TGS one supposes this is all SCEJ. We're probably looking at a fair number of PSN releases.

How many of these are psn games and how many are release games. Well either way its good news for ps3 owners.

WKC is a 1st party title much like Resistance is a 1st party.
That's true, which means we can be pretty sure of WKC being one. I also expect a few PSNs, fingers crossed they've got some advanced PSEye games to demonstrate after neglecting that peripheral so much. (Perhaps EyePet is one of the unlisted titles? Shame if so)

From neogaf, I think Famitsu has the scoop on a few of these games:

From Gaf, quoting Famitsu - think some of the new titles are in here:

NEW GAMES

- Another Time Another Leaf/Reef (Not sure which) (DS)
Publisher: Arc System Works
Developer: ?

- Klonoa ~door to phantomile~(Wii)
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Bandai Namco
- Dec 4th 4800yen
- Remake
- Cell shaded graphics
- Wii remote NES style controls

- Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga (Wii)
Publisher: Marvelous
Developer: ?
- Action RPG
- Wifi Multi play

- Disaster Report 3 (PSP)
Publisher: Irem
Developer: Irem

- Diamond and the sound of a gunshot (PSP)
Publisher: Sony
Developer: ???

- 遠隔捜査 (PSP)
Developer: ???

- Undead Knights (PSP)
Publisher: Tecmo
- Action

- Demon’s Souls (PS3)
Publisher: SCEJ
Developer: From Software
- Action RPG

- Metal Gear Online: Meme Expansion (PS3)
Publisher: Konami
Developer: Kojima Studio
- New Characters: Mei Ling + Revolver Ocelot
- New Stages: Silo Sunset + Forest Firefight + Winter Warehouse

- Spelunker HD (PS3)
Developer: Irem
- Remake
- Download via PSN

Insomniac (resistance developers) are independent, "2nd party" i guess as they are published by sony.

Well, and same thing with White Knight; 2nd party. I have a feeling that Sony is referring to SCE published titles though (and thus 1st & 2nd) vs simply true internal studio games.

Speculation time! I'll have a go.
OPM UK made comments about a "super sexy secret game" being announced at TGS.
http://www.qj.net/OPM-Sony-s-super-sexy-secret-game-will-be-revealed-at-TGS-next-month/pg/49/aid/124410

I did a bit of investigation into this and I am certain this is the game the BBC guy has been going on about.

From what I understand, it was shown behind closed doors at the Game Developer's Conference in February (when the BBC man, Darren Waters, first started running his mouth about it) then shown again behind closed doors at E3.
http://whatifgaming.com/scea-hides-new-game-up-sleeve-closed-door

Two of the moderators over at Eurogamer forums (one of whom is the sites owner and founder, Rupert Loman or "rauper") claim to have seen the game alluded to by Darren Waters. They refused to go into specifics about it, but they did confirm that they were shown a gameplay trailer and not prerendered CG.

Nobody has a clue who the game is being developed by, but the vague descriptions about this project seem like nothing Team Ico would produce (a guy in a black Crysis like suit? Immersion and storytelling that push the envelope? Sounds nothing like Team Ico, they favour more enigmatic forms of storytelling) and shortly after GDC in February there were suspicious noises about a Liverpool developed action game.
And now herein lies the problem/mystery: all of the (admittedly vague) signs point towards this game being Western developed game, so why the hell is it being announced at an eastern game show?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back