Nforce Soundstorn In Nforce 5 from Jen Hsun Hwang hmmmmm

Nyo_S23

Newcomer
http://3dgpu.com/archives/2004/12/07/nvidias-nforce5-to-feature-soundstorm/

In an exclusive press briefing - the CEO of NVIDIA has just stated that we will see Soundstorm avaliable on nForce soon. This will be more than the old hat Soundstorm which was on nForce 1 and 2.

NVIDIA chose not to do this with nForce 4 - but he for one acknowledges that the market wants it. This is a great proof of consumer power and that NVIDIA do listen to the consumer.

I know this will make a lot of excited gamers happy.

Maybe some new vortex tech from aureal, they did buy them out hmmm

Aureal Vortex 2500 had A3D 3.0 and had a stronger DSP than Creative. A3d 3.0 had some features not in eax 2.0. Remeber the sound card wars

Start learning to use these forums correctly or you'll be off them. I've had to clean up far too many of your posts today.

Too much Fud from other people thats why it got to flaming!!!

I've seen a bunch of posts you've started - none of which are useful/informative. This would just be one of them. I'm probably willing to bet there was actual revelent info you should be looking at from some of their responses... Anyways.. onto your frivelous post.

Um... Aureal's dead, Creative bought them out. (NVidia has NOTHING to do with any of this). Any tech Aureal used to have is most likely not going to be used by Creative (let alone NVidia).

Btw: Using the Inquirer as your source in other posts - there's little or no credibility in most of what they spew out.

Aureal Vortex 2500 had A3D 3.0 and had a stronger DSP than Creative. A3d 3.0 had some features not in eax 2.0. Remeber the sound card wars

I'm pretty sure that's a subjective statement.

It seems that you didn't understand the "end" of the sound card wars where Creative bought Aureal.

If any tech was used from Aureal, it would have already been used in the Audigy series (first and second) in the form of EAX3...

Re: Nforce Soundstorn In Nforce 5 from Jen Hsun Hwang hmmmm

Nyo_S23 said:

w00t for misinformation!!! :rolleyes:

Aureal and it's IP was bought out by Creative. Please get your information correct before you post it for starters.

"We're gonna build SoundStorm 2, it's gonna be awesome," he later added to that with more information about how it will be delivered "It come in a way that you won't expect."

http://www.hexus.net/#Soundstorm

Hmm... what might he mean? Could this also be the audio processor for the PS3?

Raqia said:
"We're gonna build SoundStorm 2, it's gonna be awesome," he later added to that with more information about how it will be delivered "It come in a way that you won't expect."

PCI-Express add-in card.

BRiT said:
Raqia said:

PCI-Express add-in card.
I'm betting just a plain old PCI version too.

Deathlike2 said:
If any tech was used from Aureal, it would have already been used in the Audigy series (first and second) in the form of EAX3...

Apart from this crazy stuff here, this is completely wrong and actually makes no sense whatsoever.

FYI: EAX is a fake, preprogrammed crap, whereas A3D was realtime wavetracing.
So either you're pretty confused which is what or no idea at all.

Apart from this crazy stuff here, this is completely wrong and actually makes no sense whatsoever.

I never said it was a fact. Some of the ideas were probably taken from the A3D API...

EAX and A3D are both APIs. How they are implemented in hardware is more relevent though. Aureal did do most of their stuff in hardware. Creative seems to do most of their stuff in software though. I wouldn't be surprised if most of EAX implementations in games are pre-programmed, but it was "faster".. not necessarily better than how Aureal did A3D in their hardware.

Deathlike2 said:

I never said it was a fact. Some of the ideas were probably taken from the A3D API...

EAX and A3D are both APIs. How they are implemented in hardware is more relevent though. Aureal did do most of their stuff in hardware. Creative seems to do most of their stuff in software though. I wouldn't be surprised if most of EAX implementations in games are pre-programmed, but it was "faster".. not necessarily better than how Aureal did A3D in their hardware.

Seems the better the case: you're just pretty confused which is what...

Code:

If you seem to know it all (I certainly don't), why don't you point me in the right direction huh? Links?

With the attitude that you are showing, you're not proving anything here.

Shut up or put up.

Deathlike2 said:
Code:

If you seem to know it all (I certainly don't), why don't you point me in the right direction huh? Links?

With the attitude that you are showing, you're not proving anything here.

Shut up or put up.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I already told you the answer.

Thanks for proving eventually you don't really have any idea...

If it does dolby 5.1 or something digital that has more than 2 channels, great, if they go the route of adding whiz bang features and you are still stuck with 2 channel digital, then it's garbage to me.. Just because it's got the same name doesn't mean it will be a superset of the first version. Would be pretty stupid of them to do that, but companies can be stupid, lol.

Honestly, a way I wouldn't expect would be as part of whatever replaced NV50. :)

Nyo, one ? or ! is enough to get your point across.

Back