Next-gen console versus PC comparison *spawn

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by PSman1700, Oct 11, 2019.

1. chris1515

Legend Regular

10 GB will only be used for GPU workload on Xbox Series X, they have 3,5 GB of RAM of slower RAM for CPU and sound workload.

And this is logic 980 was never VRAM limited with 4 GB of RAM, Consoles need to use some of the 5 GB of RAM for system (CPU workload) at 1 to 1.5 GB.

I think it is the weakness of 3070 and the rumored 3060 Ti with 8 GB of RAM. For sure GPU will use nearly 10 GB of RAM later in the generation

2. ThePissartist

Veteran Regular

You are beyond logic. Even your videos prove you wrong. It's only you arguing this point about 7850/7870. If you're a typical PC gamer then you're bringing the side down, when there are genuinely interesting voices.

I took you off ignore for a while, but you're going back on. I can't keep up with the nonsense of your posts, they're absolutely and consistently false. It's a shame that Beyond 3D gets these nonsensical posts in a cyclical nature constantly coming up.

3. techuse

Regular Newcomer

I'm starting to suspect he's purposefully trolling. No one here can be this ignorant in the face of repeated evidence.

ThePissartist likes this.
  4. techuse

Regular Newcomer

Death Stranding workaround allows it to be tested on a 7850.

PS4 comparable performance achieved at 1080p with everything low/off and FidelityFX upscaling. I don't know what the internal resolution with FidelityFX enabled was.

5. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

I really respect BenchArt. You can tell he's just a guy who enjoys making videos, but he's lucky if his videos get 100 views. But he bencharked his last system with a Phenom II in it until about a year ago, and he benches an old laptop with a terrible nVidia GPU in it. If you want to know how modern games run on older or budget hardware, I'd recommend him.

6. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

Obviously driver issue. Similar performance GPUs as old as the PS4 do just aswell generally, if not better.

''16:16 - 1080p High (default) Recommended Settings 30 fps Locked with automatic upscaling.''

PS4 aint doing 'High' for all settings, 3 to 5fps are lost due to recording. Hm, sure not far off from the base ps4. Actually, i'd prefer this on his setup, as higher settings is something id like.
    R7 260 is around 7850/7870 level performance (the uploader even metions 7790/750Ti). This 199 dollar mid ranger launched 2013, same year as the PS4. Tagging along just fine.
    Quite amazing that, a mid range 199 dollar GPU as old as the PS4 can run everything at console level settings. This sure wasnt the case with previous generations. GPUs age better these days. Only puny 2gb VRAM also.

Going with a mid range AMD gpu now (10TF 6700XT?) wont give you much trouble.

7. techuse

Regular Newcomer

PS4 actually does run at the default/high settings. So once again, no this doesn’t match PS4 performance. PS4 runs at native 1080p, this requires FidelityFX upscaling which reduces the resolution some amount.

chris1515 and Johnny Awesome like this.
  8. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

There is a natural limited to the hardware in consoles, this generation (so called "next-gen" consoles) are futher behind the PC then any launch I remember before and any game designed for PC and scaled down so it can get crammed into the consoles will show this...and the difference will only get bigger with time.

That might ruffle some feathers, but you cannot break the laws of physics.

If peoole whine now...imagine how they will whine in 4 years /shudders

PSman1700 likes this.
  9. Subtlesnake

Regular

Further behind than the PS4 was at launch with its 7850 class GPU and netbook classs CPU?

10. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

no it's alright, only a few whinning people and PC master race trolls who just want to see the consoles burn, but it's already more successful than its predecessors, so everything will just go well and consoles players will have fun and great games.
    The others ? they'll just exhaust themselves yelling on the internet forums their narrow minded ideas.

11. Tkumpathenurpahl

Tkumpathenurpahl Oil Monsieur Geezer
    Veteran Newcomer

You're talking nonsense again. The limitations present in this game on the PS5 are because it's running the PS4 Pro version at higher clockspeeds. Please stop trolling.

12. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

Not trolling, just stating facts people are in apparently in denial about.

8 x Zen 2 Cores(with SMT) @ 3.5GHz with 5700XT'ish performance is the hardware.

CPU:
    A CPU around Ryzen 7 Pro 3700 performance (being generous here as the boost of the 3700 is 4.4GHz, not 3.5GHz)
    I had that level performance in 2018 (i9-9900X)
    3 years behind.

GPU:
    I had similar performance in 2017 (1080 Ti). This is now 2021.
    4 Years behind.

Then you add the disappointing RT performance/quality and it gets even worse.

CP2077 is the prime example of a game designed for PC, shoe-horned into the consoles...sacrifices had to be made.
    Image fidelity, NPC density and resolution (to name a few) got turned way down and has had given some sour grapes, just look in this thread..ample examples to be found.

Now fast forward 4 years and the consoles will be around 6-8 years behind the performance of a high end PC...more sacrifices will have to be made when games designed for PC has to be shoehorned into the consoles, like it or not.

I have stated before that "next-gen" consoles very much are "last-gen" PC's and nothing in any game reviews has changed my opinion, quite the opposite in fact.

The consoles are cheap and gives good value for your money at get go, but "next-gen" is really more marketing than reality.

I have not seen any games going outside what I have stated about consoles, but feel free to link me to anything I missed?

13. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

All of which has nothing to do with the current consoles.

Pete likes this.
  14. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

The consoles are where they should be, offering the best for the 400/500 dollar mark. Its about where the PS4/One where in 2013 regarding hardware.
    With consoles though, its not the hardware thats intresting, its the software (exclusives) i can not get on pc.

15. Tkumpathenurpahl

Tkumpathenurpahl Oil Monsieur Geezer
    Veteran Newcomer

I'm doing something else this evening. I'm British, so I'm happy to resume approximately noon tomorrow. Approximately 14 hours from now. Take care xoxoxoxoxo

digitalwanderer likes this.
  16. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Wow, consollers complaining about PCitis! I never thought I'd live to see this day, thank you!

So many years us PC peeps have been whinging on about consolitis and how they're dumbing games down, it's refreshing to hear from the other side on that. :)

17. Subtlesnake

Regular

Because the 2080S and 2080 completely destroyed the performance of the 1080 Ti, right?

18. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

It does when using raytracing.
    Raytracing is comming more and more and the consoles really do not have the RT performance to keep up now and in the future that gap will only expand.

19. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

Yeah, raytracing really turned the tables here.

digitalwanderer likes this.
  20. HLJ

HLJ
    Regular Newcomer

So without the walled garden, you had no interest in the consoles right?

PSman1700 likes this.