New Splinter Cell 4 pics

Splinter_Cell_4_18.jpg

http://hardwired.hu/img/wg/2/633/Splinter_Cell_4_16.jpg
http://hardwired.hu/img/wg/2/633/Splinter_Cell_4_17.jpg

Yep these are for the Xbox not 360. Looks like MS cut the xbox for little too short. Game looks freaking great.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2287_en.html

It does look pretty good. Take away the AA and it might not. And if it's like SC3, framerate may be an issue.

I wonder what the PD0 guys think when they look at SC3 and these new shots from SC4.

Being surpassed by an XBOX game in everything from character models, to AI, to realistic bump-mapping is pretty weak.

It's possible that the gameplay will be alot funner in PD0, but I dunno, the voice acting just seems so cheezy...

Anyways, ya man, SC4 for X360 is going to take the bar and shove it through the roof

Inane_Dork said:
It does look pretty good. Take away the AA and it might not. And if it's like SC3, framerate may be an issue.

? Lol wtf?

I have SC3 for the Xbox, and it has no framerate problems, the game looks and plays great.

Some of you guys crack me up. Oh and i can't wait for the Xbox 360 version, should rock.

therealskywolf said:
? Lol wtf?

I have SC3 for the Xbox, and it has no framerate problems, the game looks and plays great.

Some of you guys crack me up.
I'm just repeating what I've read several times. I have no idea whether it's true or not.

those pics are AA'd 100times over SC2 i played. that ad a pixelfest and choppy framerate ingame

hey69 said:
those pics are AA'd 100times over SC2 i played. that ad a pixelfest and choppy framerate ingame

play SC 3 on xbox buddy, there's no choppy frameratre, and the only aliasing in the entire game is on the same level of those screens. SC2 is crap compared to 3.

There's aliasing everywhere, look at the steel beams. SC3 had no aliasing on walls, or character models, it's actually one of the most impressive games on my HDTV because it's lack of jaggies. Only on wires, and thin edges does it have aliasing.

Ubisoft montreal are amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
scooby_dooby said:
I wonder what the PD0 guys think when they look at SC3 and these new shots from SC4.

Being surpassed by an XBOX game in everything from character models, to AI, to realistic bump-mapping is pretty weak.

It's possible that the gameplay will be alot funner in PD0, but I dunno, the voice acting just seems so cheezy...

Anyways, ya man, SC4 for X360 is going to take the bar and shove it through the roof

Wow surprised to see you say this scoob.

no need to bring PDZ in here... besides, I'd give those guys a break given their development history for PDZ.

Anyways, I think it looks great. Can't wait to see the PC/X360 versions.

scooby_dooby said:
play SC 3 on xbox buddy, there's no choppy frameratre, and the only aliasing in the entire game is on the same level of those screens. SC2 is crap compared to 3.

100% TRUE

scooby_dooby said:

There's aliasing everywhere, look at the steel beams. SC3 had no aliasing on walls, or character models, it's actually one of the most impressive games on my HDTV because it's lack of jaggies. Only on wires, and thin edges does it have aliasing.

Ubisoft montreal are amazing.

i hope so.. cause SC2 wasnt all that..
now i'm really looking forward for SC4 on nextgen... yummie!

I thought Splinter Cell was well... dumb...

Did they fix that "bug" where you were considered 100% "stealth" despite the 3 BRIGHT GREEN DOTS ON YOUR FOREHEAD? Haven't played any SC after the first game.

I mean, really. How dumb is the AI?

drpepper said:
I mean, really. How dumb is the AI?

You mean the smartest AI this generation short of maybe Brothers in Arms EIB? That AI?

"i hope so.. cause SC2 wasnt all that.. " - nope, SC3 > SC1 > SC2. SC3 they took out all the trial and erro gameplay, opened it up, added dynamic weather, sound masking, beefed up the AI big time, GFX are just plain sick for a current gen game. You can't really judge SC with playing #3.

mckmas8808 said:
Yep these are for the Xbox not 360. Looks like MS cut the xbox for little too short. Game looks freaking great.
I think XBox may have some more life in it, but MS badly need this jump they have on Sony. Getting a one year headstart (for most of the world) without being behind overall in capability is quite an achievement. If they launched at the same time as PS3, I don't think they'd improve their market share very much. PlayStation is a very powerful brand.

No one's really answered my question. Do you still have those 3 bright green lights on your head, and does the enemy AI not respond to that?

Back