Red Dead Redemption

RDR was great and all but I wouldn't really want to play it again just in higher res. I'd prefer a sequel on PS4/XB1 since a) its not as if the game didn't sell well enough to warrant a sequel, and b) its been soo flippin long that a HD rehash would just be underwhelming.

I could never force myself to finish this game. I went pretty far but I never really loved it enough. I put it down one day and never picked it up again.

Would love a proper next-gen sequel to it though, perhaps a collaboration with famous Western actors and composers to beef up the story quality. Heck, every town could have a story and setting to commemorate a big Western classic. If anyone could pull it off, it would be Rockstar, and by tying it more directly to Hollywood, they could have a larger appeal (I understand the game particularly failed outside of the US, which is partly I think why we saw it as a PSN freebie, which is how. I got and tried the game, and even if. I didn't get that far, but I thought it was very good.

Would love a proper next-gen sequel to it though, perhaps a collaboration with famous Western actors and composers to beef up the story quality. Heck, every town could have a story and setting to commemorate a big Western classic. If anyone could pull it off, it would be Rockstar, and by tying it more directly to Hollywood, they could have a larger appeal (I understand the game particularly failed outside of the US, which is partly I think why we saw it as a PSN freebie, which is how. I got and tried the game, and even if. I didn't get that far, but I thought it was very good.
On which platform? Because like 95% of gamers who talk about this game only says positive things about it. I live in Europe and the X360 version sold very, very well in our continent.

I think it sold quite well in your nation, too. Not 100% sure, anyways.

RDR was great and all but I wouldn't really want to play it again just in higher res. I'd prefer a sequel on PS4/XB1 since a) its not as if the game didn't sell well enough to warrant a sequel, and b) its been soo flippin long that a HD rehash would just be underwhelming.

I waffle back & forth about a replay. It's my favorite game of the generation, but it took forever to finish 100%. Not sure I could do it again. Might in HD on XB1, but considering it was released in 2010 I don't think they were forward looking enough at the time to even consider doing the necessary artwork for a PC version much less a next-gen version. I think they will probably just release the next in the series on XB1/PS4(maybe PC) in 2016. BTW, GTA5 was different beast. It was just released last year on 360/PS3. Makes sense they considered XB1/PS4/PC early on in the development.

Tommy McClain

I've read about this topic recently, RDR remake, I think what I gathered is that it is *not* coming, but not because they don't want to...

But mainly because they didn't document their "tools" or work or whatever from the "2.5" version of their engine? That's the impression it seemed I read elsewhere.

It was part of the whole Leslie Benzies drama of "we need the Benz!" to finish GTA V and other revelations from that ^^

As long as I get backward compatibility I could care less about a remake. The game still looks great 6 years later. Played some more videos today & man I'm still in love. It has to be my favorite game of all time.

Tommy McClain

As long as I get backward compatibility I could care less about a remake. The game still looks great 6 years later. Played some more videos today & man I'm still in love. It has to be my favorite game of all time.

Tommy McClain
RDR begs for 1080p. It just straight up needs a port to the new consoles, which would make a PC port too sensible to ignore especially if the rumors about a sequel are true. Six years later, I'm still sore about it not being on computer :p

I remember blowing through it on PS3, it's an incredibly good game that just reeks (in a good way) of polish and attention to detail, despite the bugs that took some updating to fix. However, I have still yet to finish my second run through, this time on 360 and after at least 2 years. Now that I've gotten older, and there is so much for me to play, I don't really feel the need to play games or even watch movies a second time unless they're something particularly nostalgic.

Interestingly, I find it very tough to decide between GTA4, RDR, and GTA5 as to which game better defines this generation. I'd vote RDR for it's poignancy and for being one of the very few western games to actually be good. However, you can't forget how GTA5 ended the last generation on such an absolute high note. GTA5, while being even a bigger, better technical accomplishment than RDR, and is certainly more reflective of the times we live in. Got to admit that I haven't completed GTA5, there's just too much to do and not enough focus.

Last edited:
Six years later, I'm still sore about it not being on computer :p
PC gamers don't deserve it. They're not cowboy enough, partner :nope:

Interestingly, I find it very tough to decide between GTA4, RDR, and GTA5 as to which game better defines this generation. I'd vote RDR for it's poignancy and for being one of the very few western games to actually be good.

I'd pick another game but everything Rockstar did, even L.A. Noire, really shaped last gen. And thinking about it, I have completed every single Rockstar game I've bought. From GTA III onward. So all GTAs, RDR and LA Noire. That's impressive as I often get bored with most games. I played the hell out go San Andrea on PS2, that open world was just mesmerising on console back then and GTA V is a game I just love to dive into regularly. Rarely a week passes when I don't lose myself in it for an hour at least.

I replayed RDR on PS3 again last year. Such a good game and such a great world to explore.

PC gamers don't deserve it. They're not cowboy enough, partner :nope:

Oh yeah? Explain to me why :) Reasons of piracy are not good explanations anymore, and PC gamers, even 6 years later would eat RDR up in droves. The modding community would give it legs and relevance for years to come, fueling even more sales down the years, and perhaps even give developers ideas for future series installments.

https://www.vg247.com/2015/09/28/ro...-of-red-dead-redemption-says-former-employee/
Roberts added that despite the game being developed in a win32 PC environment, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions were always the ones the studio intended to release. “To the best of my recollection, we never even seriously talked about optimizing it for PC,” he added.

Even if it was just for developmental purposes, just knowing they had it running in Windows means that completing a PC port (as well as PS4 and Xbone) would not be that difficult.

I have the game on PS3. I stopped playing it after a few hours, the game didn't grab my attention enough. Probably not my kind of games (like GTA).

I'm not very much into 90's fps, but for some reason I always enjoy replaying Outlaws now and then. RdR is cool and all, but I still prefer Outlaws. That's real cowboy stuff.

Back