New PS4 Smell

Finally got my ps4 over the weekend..I am broke :(. Took advantage of the Target deal and the BB deal, traded my OG 360 for $100 GC which was a blessing since I don't use it. Ended up buying BF4, CODG and Madden 25. Did not open Madden so I am thinking about taking it back for KZSF. It would have been my first purchase but Target did not have it in store at the time. So far not impressed with the other two FPS(especially Ghost), hoping that I get a better experience in KZSF.

I also own a ylod fat which I might try the thermal paste fix to get another $100 GC.

Then yours is busted. Or it could be your typical negative hyperbole.

I have heard this more online though - that 8 hours of continued use wear it down. Mind you, I never use my PS3 controller that long so I haven't a clue. But it could make some sense - it does do a lot more, and this kind of battery life reminds me a bit more like the Move controller.

8 hours seems like a realistic possibility:
-move LED
-audio output
-more complex gyro functions

All in all, this is why I will get the XboxOne-price pack.
That is, the 499 PS4, not an actual XboxOne, lol. If I have 2 controllers, 1 can be charging while the other is being used. 'problem' solved.

I also own a ylod fat which I might try the thermal paste fix to get another $100 GC.

See I never think about trading them in! All my previous consoles, laptops etc, when they've died, are stripped down to their component parts and the motherboards are on shelves at work like some kind of silicon trophies!!

The PS3 (fat) is my favourite though, it looks so high tech next to the PS2\1 and a couple of laptops. The Amiga boards do look archaic now!

I wouldn't trade in a YLOD PS3 as that'd be unfair on whoever bought it. They'd be effectively buying a broken product, like selling someone a knackered 2nd hand car with sawdust in the gearbox to make it run smoother before it dies. YLOD or similar HW should only be sold as parts or clearly labelled as 'resurrected'.

I have heard this more online though - that 8 hours of continued use wear it down. Mind you, I never use my PS3 controller that long so I haven't a clue. But it could make some sense - it does do a lot more, and this kind of battery life reminds me a bit more like the Move controller.

deathindustrial's DS4 only lasts 3 hours.

Note that it is possible to leave the PS4 and DS4 on for an extended period. I left both in this state for about 4 hours, and it drained 1 more bar.

Does anyone know yet, if the Plus membership is "active" for all useraccounts on the PS4?

I.e. if you have two accounts - a US and a foreign one - obviously, you'll want a Plus membership to play online which you buy over the US account one on the US store. Can you then play online using the foreign one?

And yes, I have my reasons for asking. Don't ask why someone would want to do this. :S

Excellent thanks! :)

Please note, Plus benefits are only active for all users on the primary console. Not all Plus benefits extended to the other users, however. Such as the 1 GB of online storage for game saves. Online gaming, however, does extend to everyone.

Interesting. How do they differenciate between which is the primary console of a given account? Coming from a PS3 (and perhaps using it in parallel to when I get my PS4), all of my accounts originated on that one. How do I switch that to the PS4?

Thanks for mentioning the game-save space being limited to the user. That makes sense. I really hate that Sony is this restrictive with their PSN stores. I live in a country where in the past, it was not possible to buy english content with certain games. I'm pissed that they are practically forcing me to make an account of another region. :devilish: If they wouldn't tie language to country, it wouldn't be a problem at all. Yet because I live in Switzerland, they automatically assume my main language is German (or Italian or French) but not English, irregardless what my PS3 (and I assume PS4) system language is set to.

Many games are multi-language now days, but some of them aren't. Highly annoying.

Interesting. How do they differenciate between which is the primary console of a given account?

I guess when you sign in with your account on a second console it will ask to change primary to this one. Or the first one is primary and to change that you should do something.

Interesting. How do they differenciate between which is the primary console of a given account? Coming from a PS3 (and perhaps using it in parallel to when I get my PS4), all of my accounts originated on that one. How do I switch that to the PS4?

When you activate a PS4 for the first time, it asks if you want to make it your primary console. You can then change the primary console later if you have more than 1 PS4.

deathindustrial's DS4 only lasts 3 hours.

Note that it is possible to leave the PS4 and DS4 on for an extended period. I left both in this state for about 4 hours, and it drained 1 more bar.

That's disappointing. What could be sucking up so much power this time? I thought the light bar drew an insignificant amount.

The default setting was to not turn controllers off at all which I wasn't expecting. I didn't change the controller timeout until sometime later the second day which will have contributed to drainage. I think that I also must have not fully charged the first controller.

Cheers

The default setting was to not turn controllers off at all which I wasn't expecting. I didn't change the controller timeout until sometime later the second day which will have contributed to drainage. I think that I also must have not fully charged the first controller.

Cheers

Ah good to know. I should change that setting too !

For today...

* What's New page is back. I can see my PSN friends' latest activities again. ^_^

* "LiveAreas" for individual titles remain off

* When you get your PS4, go to "Power Save Settings", you can configure DS4 idle time (default is "don't turn DS4 off"), and PS4 standby behavior there.

Back