New PS4 Smell

Got my PS4s. Question: If I login to another PS4, can I download games that I bought onto that machine and play them? Or do I need to switch that machine to my primary first?

As I understand it, the digital games are always accessible by the purchaser (anywhere) as soon as he signs into PSN.

It's his/her friends and family that may have restricted access. They can only use the digital games on the purchaser's primary console.

For BR games, whoever has the disc can play it.

Thanks, I vaguely remembered that was the case.

Downloads off PSN are pretty quick so far. Bought NBA 2K14 and gonna start up KZ.

Got my PS4s. Question: If I login to another PS4, can I download games that I bought onto that machine and play them? Or do I need to switch that machine to my primary first?

I heard on the Playstation Nation podcast that you can create 16 accounts, but that there is also a guest account feature that doesn't take up a slot. If you go visit a friend, you can then earn trophies, install some of your own games etc and then when you leave/sign out, all trophies will be synchronized and progress you made stored in the cloud, and your games cleaned up.

Interesting. How do they differenciate between which is the primary console of a given account? Coming from a PS3 (and perhaps using it in parallel to when I get my PS4), all of my accounts originated on that one. How do I switch that to the PS4?

Thanks for mentioning the game-save space being limited to the user. That makes sense. I really hate that Sony is this restrictive with their PSN stores. I live in a country where in the past, it was not possible to buy english content with certain games. I'm pissed that they are practically forcing me to make an account of another region. :devilish: If they wouldn't tie language to country, it wouldn't be a problem at all. Yet because I live in Switzerland, they automatically assume my main language is German (or Italian or French) but not English, irregardless what my PS3 (and I assume PS4) system language is set to.

Many games are multi-language now days, but some of them aren't. Highly annoying.
Oh my. My country isnt even supported by the PSN store. I hope I wont have any issues when I use my US PSN account :eek:

Guys, what happens when you put ps4 into standby while game is running?

The application closes. That is likely the suspend/resume feature that will be in a forthcoming update.

Yes. Anyone on your primary PS4 can play any content. Any other PS4 you log into can access your "Library", but only while you are logged in.

I just got called by my store to confirm my pre-order (from back in June, no deposit needed) and asking what bundle I wanted. I asked if they had the 499 Killzone, 2nd DS4 and PS Eye bundle, and they did, so I went for that. Very pleased. :) Can pick it up when the store opens on the 29th, and that happens to be a Friday, which is very convenient as I never work Fridays. :)

If I download Lego Marvel Super Heroes, how big is that? Would be awesome if I managed to get that downloaded before my son comes home, which is entirely possible if I get the system early enough I think. ;)

I just got called by my store to confirm my pre-order (from back in June, no deposit needed) and asking what bundle I wanted. I asked if they had the 499 Killzone, 2nd DS4 and PS Eye bundle, and they did, so I went for that.

That sounds like a very nice bundle. I would suggest getting the DS4 charge station. I believe that is actually available in the EU (we still don't have it in NA yet). It will help with clutter and keeping things charged. Having had one for the PS3 I'm missing it on the PS4. Add the decreased battery life, and additional clutter from having controllers literally lying around and I'm really missing the charge station. Stand-by charge helps ensure I'm never down and out, but it's no substitute.

If I download Lego Marvel Super Heroes, how big is that? Would be awesome if I managed to get that downloaded before my son comes home, which is entirely possible if I get the system early enough I think. ;)

Lego is 6.1 GB.

Cool, thanks. That's 18 mins in theory, so should be doable, though we'll have to see what PSN speeds I get in practice now. :D

And yeah, a stand is quite nice, if it works. I had a really nice stand that also supported Move controllers but it didn't work properly, as the Move controllers would drain again in it. I have four DS3 controllers

How does the Eye attach to the TV? And is it called the Eye? Is there any differentiation between its name and the original PS3 Eye?

Thanks for the multi sign in replies all.

I'm pleased that the system stays relatively cool by the front and sides, despite it being put in a semi enclosed amp sized shelf of my AV stand. And the fan noise is not any louder than my HVAC, just higher pitched, so it's mostly drowned out.

How does the Eye attach to the TV? And is it called the Eye? Is there any differentiation between its name and the original PS3 Eye?

It's called the PlayStation Camera. Included in the package is a fold-able mounting stand that allows it balance itself on flat panel TVs. The stand attaches to the bottom of one side of the Camera (leaving the pivoting side free to pivot), Off the top of my head, the stand has 3 sections like this: __.__.__. The camera attaches to one end like this: [C]__.__.__.. The 3 sections can be bent down to help brace the stand/camera on the TV. There is a small lip on the front of the stand where the camera mounts.

Just got my PS4, extra controller, BF4 and KZ SF. :D

First impressions:
-Console and controller look very sexy (controller looks very nice in person)
-DS4 sticks are smaller than I thought (not a complaint)
-Controller feels very nice as expected
-HDD was very easy to replace, even easier than the PS3

edit:
-Installed the OS to my HGST 7K1000 1TB drive (861GB available)
-Console is quieter than my PS3 slim in the PDM/XMB, but I haven't played any games yet.

No issues yet after the initial setup and configuring some things. Will start playing either KZ or BF4 later tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'd input one code, then redeem the other one after the first one runs out.

But you have to give up your credit card number to use these free trial codes.

I'd rather use the PSN Plus card I bought and it better not demand my credit card.

anyone else have opinions/observations about the fan noise? Trying to figure out if my PS4 is defective or thats just how the noise is and deal with it.

Back