New Keyboard?

I have trouble with someone preferring a ball over an optical too, it's unnatural to me. :???:

I don't need a mousepad, but I still use my Func1030 just 'cause I like it and am used to it.

That's what I like best about the Ultra X btw, it's full-sized and has the standard key layout with an over-sized backspace like a keyboard should...it just has the low-profile keys like a laptop so the key action is MUCH faster for me.

Did you ever pick up a keyboard Skrying?

Did you ever pick up a keyboard Skrying?

I'll be picking it up when I order the rest of my holiday computer stuff. About to do my biggest upgrade to my rig in a long time and I feel a keyboard is just a must. BTW, my biggest upgrade is coming in at a price of only $550. :LOL:

What all you getting for that $550? To me that IS a fortune to spend on an upgrade, mine average $100-200 and they're getting much fewer and further between lately. :oops:

What all you getting for that $550? To me that IS a fortune to spend on an upgrade, mine average $100-200 and they're getting much fewer and further between lately. :oops:

Gigabyte X1950 Pro (comes with a Zalman cooler as stock)
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 motherboard
And then whatever 2GB set of DDR2 I can find at the time.

About the biggest upgrade I've made in about 4 years.

my mouse falls in the better-than-most-crap department (low end opticals are crappy, low end ball mice aren't the only bad ones), is very lightweight (I hate weight in a mouse) and costs nothing as I already have it.

for the needed pad, well it's only that I don't like letting an optical mouse sliding on my desk, or most desks :), and what I like about ball is, there's never any erratic behavior.
who gives a shit what tech I'm using if I like my mouse. and too bad I'm playing the stone-age man on a forum, but who gives a shit, too

Nothing wrong with liking what you like, and if you're happy with it screw what anyone else thinks. :)

My house is way too dusty for ball mice, mine always got gunked up and with the kid's mice it was RIDICULOUS! Optical mice for me are not just more accurate, they're f-ing more convenient by a buttload!

I was living as an MS optical man for many years and went thru at least four before picking up an MX518 and feeling like an idiot for paying $35us for a mouse....until I got it, used it, and fell in love with it.

Upgraded not that long ago to an insanely expensive (to me at least) MX1000 for $50us and haven't been happier with a purchase in a long time. The sucker is a dream to me and the absolute PERFECT mouse, at least until I find a better one. ;)

I'd like to try a few more flat, full-sized, laptop style key keyboards now. I love my UltraX, but I need to get another one so I don't have to use a clunker when I stick mine in the dishwasher and let it dry for a few days.

MS mice feel happy when you hold them, if you've got just the right (right-) hand, but the wheel is pretty bad. I bought two Trust Predator mice. Almost perfect for me.

Although I do prefer mice with good size and weight, the true measure of comfort, for me, too, is a quality scroll wheel. I have had a couple where the mouse registers a scroll if the wheel is brushed a little, or wheels that won't stay stiff, or the clicking motion isn't distinct, all of which are problems since I use the middle mouse button a lot. Nice to see lots of games taking advantage of it, nowadays, too. :)

The MX510 to me is the best mouse ever. Logitech really made it perfect. Since then they've screwed it up (though the Revolution is really really nice, but expensive) with their other mid-range gaming mice. The thumb certainly needs two buttons. Plus the weight is perfect (once you remove the internal one) and the scroll wheel on Logitech mice has always been top notch.

I use a black Ultra X. The range is a bit poo but it's a good keyboard for the money - especially if you work on a laptop all day.

Keyboards, bah, I'm pretty happy on most anything since I use a dozen different computers every week and seem to have developed a "generic" non-preference.

At home I use a ball mouse though... razor boomslang, and will keep reparing it myself until it is utterly unrepairable.

Back