New GoW screens!

Well if I ever have to create problems out of nothing and don't know how, I sure will give you a call first.

Stucking grenades in to an enemy and watching them blow up is awesome. Period.

Don't be so sure I'll be there to help however. ;)

Oh I guess, I'd understand sticky bombs or alikes but actually showing them INSIDE the enemy, these guys must have been taking some serious steroids. (They look like it already so no doubt about it). :D

Well if I ever have to create problems out of nothing and don't know how, I sure will give you a call first.

Stucking grenades in to an enemy and watching them blow up is awesome. Period.

No shit. Sankari give it a rest, it will make for good fun, gross gameplay and in the end that's all that matters.

If you purely look at the graphics than this game is one of the best yet. The animations and AI look mediocre from what I've seen. Last but not least this game doesn't look too fun to play (to me that is) It's waaay to scripted and again the AI problem.

The AI looks mediocre on the easiest setting, but I highly doubt it will be that bad on a higher setting.

If you purely look at the graphics than this game is one of the best yet. The animations and AI look mediocre from what I've seen. Last but not least this game doesn't look too fun to play (to me that is) It's waaay to scripted and again the AI problem.

What? seriously. The Animation looks fine, there's nothing wrong with it. It's actually pretty good. An example of bad animation imo is the in game animations for the new metal gear game. Now those were really bad. Not cutscene animation either, I'm talking in game.

The AI was in a easy setting so it's pretty hard to judge how difficult it is. regardless early in the game I doubt the Ai is not going to be a challenge so the player can learn how to play. Way scripted ? oh man... It's comments like this that I just don't understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

what!!!:rolleyes:

EASY/God mode/demo settings... this is not an example of the AI but the game system and graphics.

Besides.... online multiplayer (human AI) is what is going to keep people playing this game for the next year+ ... looong after the single player game is completed.

Those who do not have X360 LIVE sometimes forget how big a component that is to a game. In the future when PS3 gets its online system up, you will see games in a different light as the online becomes 50%+ of the value of a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

I dunno, I think if you picture this on 'insane' mode, where you could killed at any time with a few shots, you can see how damn fun, and tense this game could be. It really seems like it could be a real heart pounder.

No problem and I'll express my opinion that your complaints are nothing but nickpicking of a very cool feature.

Thats your opinion, however I agree and I think if I recall correctly I said that its only nitpicking. That being said, the feature IN MY MIND, sounds stupid. That doesn't mean its a bad game at all, I'm sure it will rock.

That being said, the feature IN MY MIND, sounds stupid.

So you don't think it would be fun to shove a grenade inside someone, watch them blow up, spraying bits of blood and brains all over the camera? I do!

As for being stupid, these are monsters from inside the earth, it's not exactly realistic! Maybe they have extremely soft bodies? Epic can make up anything they want as these are fictional creatures.

So you don't think it would be fun to shove a grenade inside someone, watch them blow up, spraying bits of blood and brains all over the camera? I do!

As for being stupid, these are monsters from inside the earth, it's not exactly realistic! Maybe they have extremely soft bodies? Epic can make up anything they want as these are fictional creatures.

I'm sure it would be awesome, sticky bombs or adding somekind of feature to the grenades so they would stick in to the enemy would serve the same purpose however.

Aren't all these monsters wearing some kind of armor? Atleast the alien soldiers are? And (I'm not so sure if this is true or not) some people have been hyping the game that the aliens have extremely tough skin so they are hard to take down. If they are soft skinned monsters, then it would make more sense. Its like dropping a grenade in a jar of jelly. :)

.....some people have been hyping the game that the aliens have extremely tough skin so they are hard to take down....

actually, CliffyB has pointed out that the main reason it's hard to take down the enemy was to encourage taking cover as a strategy (or you die). Simple as that. :smile:

Aren't all these monsters wearing some kind of armor? Atleast the alien soldiers are? And (I'm not so sure if this is true or not) some people have been hyping the game that the aliens have extremely tough skin so they are hard to take down. If they are soft skinned monsters, then it would make more sense. Its like dropping a grenade in a jar of jelly. :)

Maybe they are soft skinned but lack many vital organs, so they can absorb many shots without dying?

Maybe they are tough skinned, but they actually stick the grenade underneat hthe armour and not in the body?

Anyways, my point is, Epic can make up any number of perfectly sensible rationizations for this. Complaining that it's unrealistic, when we're dealing with fictional characters, is a little ridiculous imo.

Games like Resistance/COD bug me alot more when you are supposedly human but can absorb a million bullets and kill 50 enemies running and gunning the whole time, now THAT is unrealsitic. COD pulled that off well, but most games don't. Resistance is probably on god mode though, so I'm reserving judgement on it.

The fact that you guys are arguing what is possible or realistic in a sci-fi videogame set in alternate timeline/reality/universe is the height of lunacy! :D

fan 1 (former): Hey the imaginary shells from the imaginary weapon has an imaginary an unrealistic arc when ejected! i'm not buying that game!

Fan 2 (now zealot): What you dont think that the weight, heat, and composition of an adamantium shell casing on that planet is realistic? how dumb are you?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

relax in the end, its still just a game... ;)

Exactly... they are wearing huge body armor... they're not going to be pirouetting around like in Heavenly Sword. ;)

Yea they are as they can punch grenades into the enemys body so they are stronge enought to do that with body armor on :p

(just a joke)

Back