New GoW screens!

I like the detail with the game, but what is it about the UE3 games that have this brown narrow unsaturated color palette? Both UT2007 and Huxley show the same issue.

I like the detail with the game, but what is it about the UE3 games that have this brown narrow unsaturated color palette? Both UT2007 and Huxley show the same issue.

its just the developers taste in artstyle. nothing to do with the engine. lots of UE3 titles that look completely different

I think it's a art decision, there are other games with bright colors using UE3. Fatal Inertia for one.

Well, GoW is set in a post-apocalyptic scenario and you know everything is brown and grey in a post-apocalyptic scenario. :LOL:
Seriously, I think it's an art choice. But now that you reminded me, I wonder if there're any blue skies in GoW.

Well, GoW is set in a post-apocalyptic scenario and you know everything is brown and grey in a post-apocalyptic scenario. :LOL:
Seriously, I think it's an art choice. But now that you reminded me, I wonder if there're any blue skies in GoW.

Ya there are outdoor scenes, with nice green trees, we've already seen shots of them.

I guess I'm getting tired of the everything is brown distopia art direction. What I liked about BioShock and Half-Life was the use of color and alternative architectural styles.

"We'd also never seen the dismembered limbs of enemies being kicked around on the ground before, which was a nice touch."...
thumbsup.gif

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs2006/story.html?sid=6158448&pid=928234&tag=topslot;action;1

Back