New GoW screens!

I've tried hard to alter my perception, belive me! but this game has never really impressed me...It might be the "closed environnment", the visual style or the animation. It's one of the games that I prefer in still...:D
On the posistive side, it seems they clearly improved the framerate, which is a great thing imo. I'll have to try the game to adopt it...or not... ;)

OMG

Other memorable moments during our time with Gears of War's campaign mode include reviving our colleague when he got killed, making an awful mess of an enemy by scoring a direct hit with a grenade (if you melee attack with a grenade equipped you can actually shove it up inside the enemy's body0, and unlocking one of the game's many achievements--we think by managing to get a number of "perfect reloads" of our gun consecutively. The finished campaign mode, which it's estimated will take around 10 hours to play through, will tell a story that lasts for approximately 36 hours in-game. So although everything that we've seen of Gears of War in recent months has taken place in the daytime, it seems reasonable to assume that the first footage we ever saw (of the squad desperately trying to stay in lit areas at the dead of night) was taken from somewhere in the middle of the game in between the two days over which the story takes place.

I must get this game.

Man you guys crack me up. :LOL:

That being said, not to piss on the game or anything but its still kinda dumb move in any game to shove a grenade inside your enemies body. Taking it to next level I guess. Next-gen grenade action, showing them up your enemies asses. I'd understand that you would be able to SHOOT the grenade inside your enemy just using brute force but for the character to be able to shove it inside, oh boy.

I smell the original KZ for PS2 on this one IMO., Still better in a relative sense. but the hype started early just beacuse the gfx and UE3.

I don't know... the original Unreal was hyped to hell because of the graphics as well, but it turned out to be a fun game, and a lot of that fun was just exploring the enviroments. Many of the team members have changed of course but I still expect GOW to be a good game; but I'll damn it if it's a bad one in the end :)

Well, I'm not going to buy the game if it's not realistic.
Glad we found that one out before buying it!
Surely you don't buy any games then? :???: Considering almost all games have some sort of health meter that allows you to take numerous fatal hits without so much as inducing a limp, and then instantaneously apply a potion or medikit to restore that health meter, there's nothing realistic about them. Nor any games that have supernatural jumping abilities, nor games where you can run constantly (even having been shot numerous times) without ever getting short of breath or end up moving slower.

Games have never been about realism and I don't know how can partake of them if that bugs you that much!

If you purely look at the graphics than this game is one of the best yet. The animations and AI look mediocre from what I've seen. Last but not least this game doesn't look too fun to play (to me that is) It's waaay to scripted and again the AI problem.

Back