New GoW screens!

The fact that you guys are arguing what is possible or realistic in a sci-fi videogame set in alternate timeline/reality/universe is the height of lunacy!

fan 1 (former): Hey the imaginary shells from the imaginary weapon has an imaginary an unrealistic arc when ejected! i'm not buying that game!

Fan 2 (now zealot): What you dont think that the weight, heat, and composition of an adamantium shell casing on that planet is realistic? how dumb are you?

relax in the end, its still just a game... ;)

it's like a Star Trek convention in here. :LOL:

apologies to Trekkies ;)

it's like a Star Trek convention in here. :LOL:

apologies to Trekkies ;)

it reminds me of an episode of Gamespot's "On the Spot" I watched. They were doing a weekly recap of the Off Topic forums on gamespot.com, and the argument of the week was a thread about who had more powerful weapons Star Trek, or Star Wars, they gave a bunch of example posts of people making their cases, it was freaking hilarious.

I can't believe how serious some people take this stuff!

OMG

making an awful mess of an enemy by scoring a direct hit with a grenade (if you melee attack with a grenade equipped you can actually shove it up inside the enemy's body0,

I must get this game.

It could be two things.
1.Open the enemies chest with the chain saw then put the grenade inside of the gapping whole left behind. Overkill which is fine with me.
2. Shove the grenade into the enemies mouth.
I like number 2 better especially if Marcus says something like "Eat this you ----!"

just a thought, but where does it actually even say that he punches it through the alien's bodies?

Wouldn't it be more logical to assume it would involve shoving it down their big toothy gob unless seen otherwise?

But i digress, it's a stupid argument anyway - As far as I know a genetically engineered, armoured super warrior fighting hoard upon hoard of technologically superior aliens is fairly unrealistic as far as these things go - didn't stop me from enjoying halo.

If you purely look at the graphics than this game is one of the best yet. The animations and AI look mediocre from what I've seen. Last but not least this game doesn't look too fun to play (to me that is) It's waaay to scripted and again the AI problem.

Well i was always wondering how this plays. I mean gfx is one thing (which is undoubtedly great, art-wise) but i never knew how it plays?

After all it's the only game which im really looking forward now, after GRAW and Oblivion :)

Man you guys crack me up. :LOL:

That being said, not to piss on the game or anything but its still kinda dumb move in any game to shove a grenade inside your enemies body. Taking it to next level I guess. Next-gen grenade action, showing them up your enemies asses. I'd understand that you would be able to SHOOT the grenade inside your enemy just using brute force but for the character to be able to shove it inside, oh boy.

I guess you must really hate Final Fantasy series. FF has no sense of reality at all!!!!

Games like Resistance/COD bug me alot more when you are supposedly human but can absorb a million bullets and kill 50 enemies running and gunning the whole time, now THAT is unrealsitic. COD pulled that off well, but most games don't. Resistance is probably on god mode though, so I'm reserving judgement on it.

What makes you think Geors of war is any different from Resistance in the end? From that clip what I saw the guy could take hits just as you could in Resistance (when the godmode is off).

But yeah, whatever the game is looking great and thats all that matters.

What makes you think Geors of war is any different from Resistance in the end? From that clip what I saw the guy could take hits just as you could in Resistance (when the godmode is off).
But yeah, whatever the game is looking great and thats all that matters.
Recharging health like Halo 2. You can take a lot more hits though.

Apparantly Screengrab/ or else concept art of a Berserker (Lady Locust, apparnatly)

Pic removed by mod. Apparently it's a scan.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

I guess you must really hate Final Fantasy series. FF has no sense of reality at all!!!!

Am I talking about reality here? I could add a stronger word after this but I will restrain myself. All I'm saying the idea feels dumb for me but perhaps it makes you feel tough guy ingame.

Apparantly Screengrab/ or else concept art of a Berserker (Lady Locust, apparnatly)
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

That looks like a scan from the November EGM. Might want to take it down...

EDIT: Removed image.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a scan from the November EGM. Might want to take it down...

you sure you can kinda see the tv edges, it says flattron, or something, in the uper left had corner, I doubt they put pictures of TV in mags, looks more like it was taken with a camera

Back