New Forza 2 CG Trailer

I'd bet my 360 those are fake... They are... Please? :cry:

The fact they did not deny that they were real says it all. If they were fake they would have said, "The current shots floating around are NOT real. We will be releasing real shots on Tuesday".

Is there any reason to believe they are fake?

The fact they did not deny that they were real says it all. If they were fake they would have said, "The current shots floating around are NOT real. We will be releasing real shots on Tuesday".

Is there any reason to believe they are fake?

They're probably real, but like he said, from a month old build:

(meaning we're grabbing them from the latest build and not trying to make a magazine's long lead deadlines from a month ago).

I think the shots look spectacular. I hope the Forza team doesn't listen to these negative internet comments and try to change the game in any way (well, except to make it look better).

Forza 2 wasn't even on my radar before two days ago, now I'd say it's definitly a "big gun" in my upcoming lineup.

The infiniti shot is just spectacular.

Here can I play the screenshot game? How can you say this (PGR3)

http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2005/321/reviews/927245_20051118_screen015.jpg

Looks better than this? (Forza 2)

http://www.tothegame.com/sshotfeat.asp?screen=7799&pic=1

Ok ok, I just played the screenshot game that I promised I wouldn't (slaps self). But just to show how it's done and that it doesn't really mean anything.
________
GLASS PIPE

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to impressed :cry:

I have to say I was expecting a bit more from Forza Motorport 2, especially in the lighting and car detail department. From a cursory glance this game should have been called Forza HD, the lighting, textures and car models all look like they where ripped straight from Forza and made to run in 720P. I agree with the common opinion that PGR3 looks better, and rightfully so. Of particular interest is the lighting and car models, which look far more natural in PGR3 and that is without even considering photo-mode

Anyway, enough echoing of what has already been said.

Chill people, these were unofficial shots, and it's the movement, options and gameplay that really count here. If the game runs great at 60fps, has a decent number of cars on track, great customisation options, and great multiplayer modes, looks well in motion, has good car behaviour simulation, great support for a force feedback wheel, and more tracks, then it will be a LOT better than Forza 1, and a good rival for any GT version. The way the game looks in a few leaked screenshots are going to say very little in that respect.

So let's just wait a bit more for what the game developers have in store for us, ok? I mean, I am a big PS3 fan and a huge (and reasonably well-known) GT-series fan, but I am certainly not going to dismiss Forza on the basis of these few screenshots.

Those screen shots lack life. The environment looks bland... more so than even forza1 (environment detail....). Of course its got higher res models and textures, But that does not equal a well crafted seen or visual appearance.

I am with the guys here who say that these are a dissapointment. And imo it would be an untrained eye who say these shots look really great.

No ones mentioned rally sport challenge II yet, that kicks these screen shots. (not interms of res / texture res of ) but if these shots are real then surely they would choose the BEST looking shots for release. I dont know, there are alot of angles to this !

Of course, I am expecting the final game to be a great game, and pretty too. Im sure it will look great in motion, I jut dont think these screen shots look great, they look average !

As you can very well see, the forum members at Forzacentral have quite undeniably proven that these screenshots are fake using highly advanced Photoshop image analysis and comparison techniques far beyond the technical reach of any B3D forum member.;)

I still think they may be legit, but this bothers me: the road.

The road in PGR3, Moto GP 2006, Burnout Revenge, Need for Speed, Ridge Racer, etc all look more detailed.

One could argue that Forza 1 on the Xbox1 has better ground texturing. e.g.

920720_20050502_screen014.jpg

920720_20050502_screen028.jpg

forza-motorsport-20050503063615754.jpg

And of course PGR3 models, which are roughly similar in poly count to FM2, appear to have much more detail (e.g. this). The FM2 shots feel flatter, have significantly poorer shading, seem to have a "16-bit" color depth feel, and a quality lighting and shadowing model. I cannot see a single area where PGR3 isn't significantly better, and PGR3 had like 4 months with final dev kits :???:

The background trees look decent I guess, almost like a photo background blurred. Some parts, when you look closely, look really good in the shots (e.g. front bumpers looks decent in the new shots) but then other things stick out as half broken (like the vehicle motion blur; e.g. the rear spoiler seems to lack motion blur on dell car and again the dell car doesn't have the ghosting trail onto the red car).

Even at 60fps, 4xMSAA, 720p, HDR, etc I am not seeing any real improvement over PGR3 as promised by Turn 10. I can actually spot a lot of areas where I think PGR3 looks a lot better. Now these could be fakes, or really old, etc but I am not seeing something that looks substantially better. Turn 10 is more about simulation and whatnot (and BC is very talented graphically) but I would hope better from a AAA title. True they only had 18 months (Forza upgrade?), but this may all just go to explain the E3 no show and all the CGI. But then again Tuesday they may really impress us.

Those 'Forza 2" shots look pretty horrible to me, real or not.

It looks like a Xbox 1 game with motion blur and higher image quality.

PGR3 is stunning looking, I'm a bit confused how some here are saying PGR3 looks worse than those shots, to me, you cannot compare.

I still think they may be legit, but this bothers me: the road.

So do I! Just to clear things up, I was only trying to represent some of the other opinions I read while browsing Forzacentral forums and to provide an answer to your question in your original post.

The road in... etc all look more detailed.

I find it hard to judge the quality of the road texture with so much motion blur going on in each scene. It’s as if the author turned a slider, not unlike the one in Project Gotham Racing 3 all the way to the maximum in order to better represent the games sense of speed.

And of course PGR3 models, which are roughly similar in poly count to FM2, appear to have much more detail. The FM2 shots feel flatter, have significantly poorer shading, seem to have a "16-bit" color depth feel, and a quality lighting and shadowing model. I cannot see a single area where PGR3 isn't significantly better, and PGR3 had like 4 months with final dev kits :???:

This is a good observation, as in each instance of comparing PGR3 to the supposed screenshots PGR3 walks away the clear winner. As you mentioned, Forza Motorsport 2 looks flat and dull when compared to PGR3 and the cars look to be of significantly less detail too. The only other thing I can think to add would be that FM2s lighting engine is just plain worse than PGR3s or was not ready at the time the screenshots were taking.

...but then other things stick out as half broken (like the vehicle motion blur; e.g. the rear spoiler seems to lack motion blur on dell car and again the dell car doesn't have the ghosting trail onto the red car).

If you look closely at the trailing edge of the Dell car near the rear window you can see what seems to be a slight outline and again on the leading edge of the left section (drivers perspective) of the bumper. In the second screenshot you can see what looks to be a ghost on the rear spoiler for the Dell car, other than that I agree with what you are saying.

Even at 60fps, 4xMSAA, 720p, HDR, etc I am not seeing any real improvement over PGR3 as promised by Turn 10. I can actually spot a lot of areas where I think PGR3 looks a lot better. Now these could be fakes, or really old, etc but I am not seeing something that looks substantially better. Turn 10 is more about simulation and whatnot (and BC is very talented graphically) but I would hope better from a AAA title. True they only had 18 months (Forza upgrade?), but this may all just go to explain the E3 no show and all the CGI. But then again Tuesday they may really impress us.

I agree, Turn 10 promised an improvement over PGR3, but as far as these screenshots go I am just not seeing it. They could be faked, but that would not explain Turn 10's recent dodgy response to the screens being posted. Why would an artist allow someone to make a fake impersonation of his work only to receive heavy scrutiny from the public while knowing full well the work is not his? Come Tuesday, we will be able to tell if Turn 10 is going to deliver on its promises, until then, all of this is just speculation.

The guys at the Forza forums make a fairly compelling case IMO, especially this one:

k. the G35s Redline is 7500 not 6500, and the Tach would go up to 8000

and this one:
the G35 Shots Over lays are totally fake and arcade... they are perfectly on the Overscan Guidelines (no dev puts their overlays poerfectly on them most put them inside a bout 10%, and in 2K's Case outside by 10%..., and wtf is up with the standings/positions "+128"? what in tarnation is that, why go from MM:SS:Te,H,Th (M=minutes, S=seconds, Th=tenths, H = hundreds, Th=thousands) and move to something that says +128, +21-49? wtf......

Here's a forza 1 screen and you can see the overlay's are much further away from teh edge of the screen.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/609/609884/forza-motorsport-20050506040413132.jpg

Also, the Ferrari really does look out of place.

Thats definately a sigh of relief if they are indeed fake. Though I'm sure some of you will disagree with me, but they really looked dissapointing. But now my question is, why dont they just come out and say those were fake?

Back